Do you set tools down 30 feet away?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 08, 2006, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I know how to find a tool or part that has been lost...just go buy another one and I can almost guarrantee that you will find the first one like it was said earlier in this post.

But I guess it doesn't work all of the time...when working on my '40 Chevy, I had the motor mounts out. Well one of them must have rolled off of the counter and into the garbage because I had to buy another set and when the new ones came, I did not find the lost one. But if I ever do, I have it's mate.

I went to Louisville one year and bought one of those Secret Audio stereos. When I got home, I took it out and looked at it. Telling myself the whole time that I had better put it back up quickly before I loose something. Well I didn't and the instructions turned up lost. The unit had the wiring diagram printed on the underside so I was able to install it. Last year I was at a rod run and saw someone else with the same kind of unit and asked them if they had their instructions and they did (have them in the car). So I took them inside the motel and made some copies at the front desk.

What gets me is when you loose something and then when you find it, you realize that you have walked by it one million times! And the part or tool has probably been laughing at you the whole time if it could laugh.

Remote controls for the tv must have something bult in to them from the factory to make them get lost. We've all done it. When you loose the remote, you walk by the tv (where you could of used a knob on the set but noooo you've got to do it by remote). They should come with an attachment on them to where you could clap your hands and it would beep.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Quote from: "40chevy"When you loose the remote, .......    They should come with an attachment on them
to where you could clap your hands and it would beep.
AL
You can buy one Al.  :idea:
https://www.vacationgadgets.com/productmgmt/results.asp?nCatID=18&nSubCatID=144&sSubCat=Find+It
George

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Grandadeo

Like George said, I often go to get something and halfway there forget what I'm looking for.  But, when we were going through the '32  before the Roadster Show trip - did a lot of upgrades, I found myself at least twice walking around looking for something only to realize that I was holding it in my hand.  Now that's scary.  As far as remotes go, two of us lost our radio remotes about the time we got to LA.  I know I left mine sitting on the car a drove off.  Retraced the route but never found it.  My buddy Tom couldn't find his until he was folding his clean laundry.  Yup, there it was all nice and clean.  Put a new battery in and it worked find.  I called Sony and ordered a new one with two day shipping to have for the trip back to Florida.  Took over a week to make it to LA and Normspeed had to ship it to me.  But that's another story.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Fat Fanny

great picture...
You should enter it in a photo contest.  I think I spotted my drill on the first step.