Goodguys Indy

Started by GPster, May 31, 2006, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

George, The picture show was cool

Our friend Curt did get a Pick with the modified. Coolest Hot Rod I think it was called.

OBT and I headed home at 9:30 this morning. It started to rain again about 9 - right after they got the track dried out.

Great weekend in spite of the rain. Saw lots of friends from all over.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

slocrow

Pretty good George! I just clicked on your suggested link and it fired right up. What was that song........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

river1

picture show was too cool!!!!!!!!!

did that software come with the new camera?
pics were with the new camera?

good tun-age also.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bib_Overalls

Hey George,

That was a great slide show.  The gent in the Chevy straight six dragster is Bob Hindman.  He is making some spring mounts for my 26 T two door sedan project.  I tried to download the pictures so that I could send them to him.  But I could not do it.  Any way you can shoot me them by email (or post them here individually)?

Here is a link to Bob's web page http://www.bobhindmanroadsters.com/  .

Did you happen to see a super low blue 32 three window coupe with a full roll cage, blisters on the hood sides, and chromed split wishbones?  Reason I ask is it was built by a friend for another friend.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

reborn55

cool picture show--sorry I missed meeting some of you--had another engagement on Friday and Saturday had to play mechanic for awhile and got soaked.  hope to run into you guys one of these days.  Thanks

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"While I was at it I gave it a good cleaning. The wheel bearing will need packing before L'ville.

You pack the bearings and shine the chrome for Loovul. I'll spring for the food. What kinda steaks ya'll want?

Get back to me with a list. I'm coming up on Tuesday night before the show. I'll have time to buy it before the crowds show up and empty the stores out.

I have to go bring in the lawn ornaments and chairs again. We've got another storm comin' over on Mon-Tues, but it probably won't amount to much.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Hey George,

That was a great slide show.  The gent in the Chevy straight six dragster is Bob Hindman.  He is making some spring mounts for my 26 T two door sedan project.  I tried to download the pictures so that I could send them to him.  But I could not do it.  Any way you can shoot me them by email (or post them here individually)?
Steve, those three pictures of the HAMB dragsters are cropped from much larger pictures.  I can email the originals or cropped versions...whatever you want.  If you or someone at your end is good with photos you will probably want the original version to get a nice clear picture.  I've got a couple other pics of those guys too.

They were featured cars for the meet and met everyone's expectations.  They ran good, looked good, and showed what can be done on low budget with common parts keeping FUN as the goal. :D

Quote from: "river1"picture show was too cool!!!!!!!!!

did that software come with the new camera?
pics were with the new camera?

good tun-age also.

later jim
Thanks Jim.  The software is free from Comcast.  It lets you pick songs and that one seemed to fit.  I tried to match the rhythm of the song to the slideshow.  I was just playing with the software to see what I could do.  I don't know how it plays on a dialup connection tho.

Yes, the pics are from the new camera.  This was the first time I've used it much and I love it.  Those pics of the racing were taken from the very top row of quite tall bleachers not quite at full optical zoom.  I think the camera will even do better....it just needs a pilot that knows how to use the controls. :wink:  

Jim and I have been emailing about cameras and I just got a Canon A700 pocket camera.
George

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Steve, those three pictures of the HAMB dragsters are cropped from much larger pictures.  I can email the originals or cropped versions...whatever you want.  If you or someone at your end is good with photos you will probably want the original version to get a nice clear picture.  I've got a couple other pics of those guys too.

They were featured cars for the meet and met everyone's expectations.  They ran good, looked good, and showed what can be done on low budget with common parts keeping FUN as the goal. :D

George,

Go ahead and send the small, cropped pictures.

Thanks!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"George, The picture show was cool

Our friend Curt did get a Pick with the modified. Coolest Hot Rod I think it was called.

OBT and I headed home at 9:30 this morning. It started to rain again about 9 - right after they got the track dried out.

Great weekend in spite of the rain. Saw lots of friends from all over.

Charlie

Got home about 8:30PM Sunday.  Since we left a little before lunch, that means we made good time.  We did make one short stop to help a hot rodder that was broke down.  Rain quit about the time we got to the south Indy city limits and only a few more drops the rest of the way home.

Great weekend in spite of the terrible weather.  I really wanted to see more of the racing and I had a lot of cars I wanted to see more of.  The bad weather did mean that we all spent more time together and that was good.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HotRodLadyCrusr

Despite all the rain I had a GREAT time seeing everyone this past weekend.  I was telling Rudy that if it wasn't raining we wouldn't have spent nearly the same amount of time gathered under the canopys * and thats what made the weekend so nice.  Spending lots of quality time with our buds.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Great photo show George. Thanks.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

George, great job on the pics. Looks as though I missed a great time. But Hawaii, Maui and Oahu were cool also. Left the 26th and just got home tonight.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"George, great job on the pics. Looks as though I missed a great time. But Hawaii, Maui and Oahu were cool also. Left the 26th and just got home tonight.

You did happen to snap a few photos of some of the "attractions" sun tanning on Waikiki Beach right?  :shock:
And you're going to share them with us, right?  :D
Or is that why you weren't allowed to carry the camera...? :lol:

Did ya' take in the Arizona while on Oahu?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "phat rat"George, great job on the pics. Looks as though I missed a great time. But Hawaii, Maui and Oahu were cool also. Left the 26th and just got home tonight.

You did happen to snap a few photos of some of the "attractions" sun tanning on Waikiki Beach right?  :shock:
And you're going to share them with us, right?  :D
Or is that why you weren't allowed to carry the camera...? :lol:

Did ya' take in the Arizona while on Oahu?

No I didn't take the boat to the Arizona but was there and did the museum. The wait to get over to the Arizona was over 2 hrs and I really didn't figure I had that much time to wait.
Does this count as an attraction even though it wasn't on Waikiki? :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Jack, wasn't there a song about a "lovely pair of coconuts".....or something? :wink:
George