what's going on out in the shop.

Started by enjenjo, March 01, 2006, 08:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here's what I have been doing lately.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

The tool boxes in the last picture were bought at a scratch and dent auction for Clark Power Products. There is another one coming up the 18th of this month in Defiance Ohio if any one is interested. They have power tools, compressors, jacks, welders, and other things. Plus about 50 cars and trucks, including a 302 powered 49 Ford.

donsrods

Really nice work....the headers and mounts look great.  What are your plans for the sprinter?  Are you going to race it in events, or just museum it, or what?

A friend of mine has one with a V8 60 Ford in it, and he told me recently he got to take it somewhere and actually race it. He was like a kid about it, said it was a blast.

Was this a done car that you are redoing, or starting from scratch?

Don

58 Yeoman

It's been nice weather here, so I've been working outside on my corn wagon.  Got it ready to fill up this weekend.  Put a bid in a hand pump on ebay to run the hoist.  I WILL get back to the Pontiac one of these days.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

moose

Frank asked what we have going in the shop. Well I finally dragged my old coupe body out of the barn

It is going to be a hiboy on deuce rails

We mocked it up to get an idea of how well it fits the frame. We have some tweeking to do yet. We set my buddys hood sides on it to get the look. They will end up on a 32 roadster pickup with a hemi...

Updates as progress is made

Tim

34ford

QuoteParts back from metal stripping. A little sanding, a little filing, and back out for powder coat

What will you use for filler??  I plan on having my frame powder coated and would like to fill in some areas. Haven't had a chance to ask the coater yet.

enjenjo

QuoteWhat are your plans for the sprinter? Are you going to race it in events, or just museum it, or what?

This was a Museum car, then was part of a private collection. It had a really poor cosmetic restoration for the museun. The next  owner started to do it over, got as far as stripping the body, and losing a bunch of parts, and lost interest.

The things done to this car were unbeliveable. There were no rear wheel bearings, and no provision for them. the axles were running against the housing. It appears the removed the stock head, and valves, and installed the Miller OHV head. There is still carbon in the stock ports. There was an unbelieveable amount of crud still in the engine. The rocker shaft had no provision for oiling, oil holes in the wrong place, nothing holding the rockers on the shaft, there is no way this ever ran the way it was.

The car will go to Germany when completed, it will be run in rallys, and at car shows, so the new owner wants the mechanicals done right. So I have spent a lot of time tracking down the missing parts, cleaning up what was there, and finding vendors for some of the rare stuff. Like miller head parts, gaskets ect, and Winfield carbs. At this point it all looks under control.  The basic short block is in excellent shape, most of the hard to find stuff has been found, now it's the little stuff, all the brackets and so forth needed to make it work.

Here's a picture of what I started with.

donsrods

So you are building this for a client?  Is that what you do? I assume that from the German reference.

My Son and I have thought of building some projects for others, but we figure we are so slow we couldn't make any money at it. If I charged myself $ 5.00 an hour for all the hours I put in one of my cars, I'd have $ 50 K in one !!

Don

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I retired two years ago, and do a couple cars a year for others. This was planned, but It's hard to keep it from overwelming you. If I could find people I could trust, I could keep 5 people busy. I'm still catching up on cars that people have been waiting several years for.

WZ JUNK

I am doing some wiring and fabrication on this 51 Chevy custom for a customer.  Before you ask, yes the front end will be lowered.  It is on a 1974 Monet Carlo frame and floor.

I built the 1950 Chevy truck to sell.  I will drive it some this spring and put it up for sale.  It is a good solid truck.  Camaro clip and Camaro rear 350/350.  It has Haywire harness, Dolphin gauges, and remote entry.  I need to finish the detailing of the engine compartment and then I will start driving it.  It is the Johnny's Speed Shop shop truck.  Well,  I had to have a name.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's what I have been doing lately.
How come no pictures of the Knight? the Chevy truck cab you brought from out west? the Buick station wagon?or any number of '46 to '48 Chevys? I thought you were retired? Or do you just keep working so you can afford a computor and a camera? If I use you for inspiration I get depressed about how far I've got to go. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"WHAT did you do to my hair????? :shock:

That was the junkyard day, we were wet, and cold remember? you had your stocking cap on.

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"How come no pictures of the Knight? the Chevy truck cab you brought from out west? the Buick station wagon?or any number of '46 to '48 Chevys? I thought you were retired? Or do you just keep working so you can afford a computor and a camera? If I use you for inspiration I get depressed about how far I've got to go. GPster

The Falcon-Knight is in storage with the cowl screwed to the wall in the shop, to make room for the sprint car. The Buick is in my aunts garage until the engine is done, I got the part I have been waiting for tuesday so I can continue assembly. The chevy truck is still in the parts gathering stage, and the chevys are waiting patiently.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"The chevy truck is still in the parts gathering stage.
I like that color, don't repaint it. GPster