what's going on out in the shop.

Started by enjenjo, March 01, 2006, 08:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "34ford"
QuoteParts back from metal stripping. A little sanding, a little filing, and back out for powder coat

What will you use for filler??  I plan on having my frame powder coated and would like to fill in some areas. Haven't had a chance to ask the coater yet.

My powder coater recommends All Metal as a filler before powder coating.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

butch27

Frank,Frank; When do you ever take a break?

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

gathering parts and information .... then more parts on my turbo- Ford 6 for the Falcon.

I've learned a bunch of info on a trubo set up where you blow through a carb.

I have lined up & will soon purchase:

A blow off valve to avoid damage to the turbo when you lift off the loud pedal.

A liquid to air intercooler.

A carb hat and 3" tubes to plumb the line from turbo to intercooler to the carb.

Metal and tubes to build the turbo header. Picked up  the 1/2" & 3/8"  steel material for the flanges today.  Turns out I have some small U bend tubes on the shelf.

I found I need a dang good fuel pump to raise fuel pressure as boost goes up on the carb. I need 16 pounds of fuel pressure if I run 10 pounds of boost so the carb will still see 6 psi of fuel pressure.  I will probably run a return line to the fuel tank.

I have found a good RV type water pump to feed my intercooler with plenty of water. Still need a storage tank for cold water.

I've done some reading on the NHRA requirements for drag racing .... it's changed since I last raced;

I learned I must run an external  battery shut off since the battery is in the trunk.

I will need a drive shaft loop if I run under a 13.00 or run drag radials.

A SFI jacket is required for the driver  when a 'power adder' is used.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bob K

Doing a makeover on the 62 Vette. Gonna modify it just enough to upset the purists, You know the ones, the "CORVETTE PEOPLE"

Will have a 2" lowering job via new front uprights and rear lowering blocks, chrome reverse wheels with painted centers and spider caps ( Idea stolen from Tony).

A new black canvas top, a dual chamber master cylinder and front disc brakes.

And to top it offf a Tremed 5 spd tranny. That should help bring the revs down to a reasonabel level. Now at 75 or 80 it runs * near 3700.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

phat46

Nothing... :cry: it's too cold and i can't afford to heat the shop this year, so i have taken up oil painting, it's warmer in the basement.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Here's a picture of what I started with.

The sprinter doesn't look too hard to do. The old relic behind it might require a bit of work though... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

river1

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

The sprinter doesn't look too hard to do. The old relic behind it might require a bit of work though... :wink:  :D

well Bryan it was nice knowing you :cry:

where do we send flowers?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

You are in big trouble buddy.  Someday you are going to pay.  I wouldn't be looking for any cookies in the near future and if some come in the mail, I would not eat them.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"

well Bryan it was nice knowing you :cry:

where do we send flowers?

later jim

every body DUCK!

incoming

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

32 Chevy

I have been busy working on the '56 century. New keel, transom, bottom frames are almost done. The next week start the battens and hopefully the planking will begin by April. The goal is to take it to the hot rod/ wooden boat festival in sand Point, Idaho in July. We'll see....

Dave

32 Chevy

Here's what it looks like now.[/quote]

phat46

Quote from: "32 Chevy"Here's what it looks like now.
[/quote]

Looks like a lot of work! Is that all mahogany? There's  quite a few wood boats here, we have a show each year just for the woodies. Chris Craft and Gar Woods were started and built in this area for many years and apparently there's still  many left in this area. My dad built his own boat in '59 at the local community college that offered it as a course. I think he had about $100 in mahogany at the time which included the keel, transon, deck, seats, "dash" most of the framing, and the gunnels. He thought that was a lot of money, but i bet mahogany has gone up since '59!!!!   :shock:

58 Yeoman

Wow, that looks good.  I always wished I could work with wood (and cars too, for that matter).  Nice thing about is that you can always go to the NOS store (lumber yard/wood supplier) for your replacement parts. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

sirstude

I finished welding up the floor in the Olds today.  Ran out of seam sealer, but hope to get it sealed up and the bottom painted before I head to California on Wednesday.  March Meet here we come!!!!

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us