Help please

Started by rx4ord, February 10, 2006, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx4ord

Gooday. Can anyone tell me if they know of this seller or better still does anyone live near him to have a look at this car for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1929-MODEL-A-FORD-SHOP-TRUCK-HOT-ROD-RAT-ROD_W0QQitemZ4611644235QQcategoryZ6234QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a long way from here and I would love some first hand info if anyone can get it for me. All help appreciated. Thanks. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

donsrods

Gooday ya'll:  I don't live near this guy, or I would be happy to go look for you. But, I am an Ebay junkie, and have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff on it, so I feel I can give you some pretty fair info as to the quality of this seller.

1)  He has a 259 rating, with 99.6 positives. Very good. He has been on Ebay since 2002, also very good. I read some of the feedbacks, and he seems very solid in his buying and selling habits. The ONE negative he had looked like one of the bogus ones you get occasionally if you deal on Ebay enough. I've gotten a couple myself, and you can't combat them.

2) His ad seems very honest and like he is not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. He mentions that it is not perfect, etc. He has also given his phone number, so he doesn't look like he is hiding from anyone.

All in all, I think you would be ok dealing with this guy. I would trust him in the transaction, and the price seems very fair so far, but it hasn't met his reserve, either.

Like I said, there are certain tell-tell signs when a seller isn't on the up and up, and this guy looks good.

Hope this helps, just my opinion.

Good luck bidding, send pictures if you win !!!!

Don

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"Gooday. Can anyone tell me if they know of this seller or better still does anyone live near him to have a look at this car for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1929-MODEL-A-FORD-SHOP-TRUCK-HOT-ROD-RAT-ROD_W0QQitemZ4611644235QQcategoryZ6234QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a long way from here and I would love some first hand info if anyone can get it for me. All help appreciated. Thanks. Dave

Hi Dave
I'm local to this guy but don't know much about cars/trucks of that age  :?
If you have certain things you want checked out I could go do it for you
If you don't find someone that knows more about it
Just let me know

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

rx4ord

Thanks for the offer to look at the car. If you could I would really appreciate it. As many general things that you look at with a normal car and a report on your opinion of it would be great. If you can just ask the normal Qs and get back to me. Thanks for your time. Dave

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"Thanks for the offer to look at the car. If you could I would really appreciate it. As many general things that you look at with a normal car and a report on your opinion of it would be great. If you can just ask the normal Qs and get back to me. Thanks for your time. Dave

Ok I'll give him a call and see what I can set up..........

I'll be in touch

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

rx4ord

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"Thanks MM64. Dave

Hi Dave
I've got 2 calls into this guy but no return call yet.......
You can click on my email link and we'll take this off the list........

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

donsrods

MM64:  I sent the seller an email, and told him to start returning his calls. Maybe that will jog him a little. There are 2 days left on the bidding.

Don

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"Thanks MM64. Dave

Well Dave
I guess this guy dosen't want to sell this thing........
I've got NO return calls from him........ Tried to look up the address based on his phone number but it looks like it's a cell number......
I'll be out of town all day tomorrow so I won't be around if he does call  :shock:

Sorry I couldn't help  :(

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

rx4ord

Thanks MM64. He got in touch about 1 hr ago. Said he's been away but tried to call you and no answer. I got some good info from him but need to know something. What does OTHER in title mean ? I thought I need to have a CLEAR title to import so what does OTHER mean ? Dave

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"Thanks MM64. He got in touch about 1 hr ago. Said he's been away but tried to call you and no answer. I got some good info from him but need to know something. What does OTHER in title mean ? I thought I need to have a CLEAR title to import so what does OTHER mean ? Dave

That figures I was home all day left for a couple hours tonight  :-o
My guess would be he doesn't have a title and will give you a bill of sale only
Reserve is met......... Are you the high bidder?? :)

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

rx4ord

No I'm not the bidder. I don't think I can now if it doesn't have a clear title. I can't import it without one. * ! And I know the reserve and I would pay it. Dave

58 Yeoman

I thought that CA didn't use titles, but pink slips?  Does that count, or not?  Could you have a title made before you had it shipped?  I had a title made for my 58 Chevy, but that was about 15 years ago (it had a salvage title).
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

rx4ord

I am still having trouble with the seller as he is way too slow to contact me. It looks like I will miss out on a bargain but thats life. I will keep looking and you never know what will turn up. Thanks for your help guys. Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Dave, while this post has your attention, you wouldn't happen to owe, or own in 1996 or so, a yellow roadster Ute by any chance??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.