Help please

Started by rx4ord, February 10, 2006, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rx4ord"I am still having trouble with the seller as he is way too slow to contact me. It looks like I will miss out on a bargain but thats life. I will keep looking and you never know what will turn up. Thanks for your help guys. Dave

Well that may be a good thing........
If he won't answer your calls who knows how long he'd take to ship the truck  :wink:
BTW....... I went through my caller ID all the way back to Sat. and can't find anywhere that he called me  :shock:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

rx4ord

No Denise it wasn't me but I'm sure that someone on www.ozrodders.com will know the car or who you are referring to. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

TJ's Dad

Bad luck Dave, but if he was so slow answering you , you may have had all hells trouble shipping it .... a sweet ride though.

Must add .... it's great to see the trouble fellow rodders will go to for blokes they've never met , same thing applied when Dave Petrusma was looking to buy the 40 Convert which is now crusin the highways of Oz.

Denise ..... 'yellow roadster ute' .... there's quite a few that fit the bill but a bit more info and we should be able to track down who it is for you .

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

rx4ord

Yes Mike it was a ripper car. The help I got from the people on here and the offers to help were great. Thanks to one and all. I will keep looking for something similar and see how I go.  If I can be of help to anyone on RRT with stuff in Aus. get in touch and we can see what happens.Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

This is the RPU I am referring to.  It belongs to a guy, can't remember his name, that I met in "Joe's Garage" in Hobart about 1996 or 97.  I just thought you might be him or know him cuz you guys are from the same land mass. :wink:

Wish I could remember his name.

So.... I'm hanging out there just having a great time and this dude walks up to me and introduces himself.  We start chating, he notices my black t-shirt and necklace and asks if I have a Vette.  I said yeah and we start talking about it.  He makes a comment that he really likes my shirt.  I tell him he can have it but I need something to put on.  He goes and gets a "Joes" t-shirt for me and we swap. :lol:   I'm sure he's a car guy too.  Does he look fimiliar??

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

Hey Denise...........your comment reminds me of a guy I was talking to in OK a few years ago, that knew I was from Canada, so he asked me if I knew his brother who also lived here  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: It's like me asking you if you know John Brown from Detroit :D

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

HotRodLadyCrusr

Kinda John, but the island that Dave is from is Tasmania off the southern coast of Australia and it's quite small, realitivly speaking.  I kinda thought that most, if not all of the car guys on the island probley know each other, or at least recognize each others cars.  The only thing that I can think of why he might not look fimiliar to Dave is because it's been 10 years.  Cars come and go and people move onto and off of the island.

Me and a girlfriend rented a campervan and did some siteseeing around Tasmania for a couple of weeks.  Meet some great folks, was just kinda wondering if Dave might know them.

rx4ord

You're right Denise it is a small island, about 450,000 people. I think I know the first guy and not the second. The car I don't know. I will check with my mates and get back to you. Dave

jeffa

That's a very unique Rod: Looks like a Vauxhall coupe ute, not very common even in their day. I would say there is only only Rodded in oz.
I'll post it on the Ozrodders site.

rx4ord

Absolutely amazing !! Now that I looked at the car again and read the reference to a Vauxhaul I looked at the pic again !! The guy is in the club I am in, RUMBLERS, in Tasmania. I have never seen him with hair that long. He shaves his head or keeps it really short and I just didn't pick it. He runs a rat style 29 Studie pickup now with a 351 and is a real party animal. Also loves big burnouts and drag racing when he can. If you want Denise, I will get him to contact you. His name is Darren by the way. Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "rx4ord"Absolutely amazing !! Now that I looked at the car again and read the reference to a Vauxhaul I looked at the pic again !! The guy is in the club I am in, RUMBLERS, in Tasmania. I have never seen him with hair that long. He shaves his head or keeps it really short and I just didn't pick it. He runs a rat style 29 Studie pickup now with a 351 and is a real party animal. Also loves big burnouts and drag racing when he can. If you want Denise, I will get him to contact you. His name is Darren by the way. Dave

OH MY GOD!  Yes!  That was his name...I mean IS his name.  The discription of him that you gave (party animal) exactly fits the guy that I briefly got to know.  It's exciting meeting someone in another country that has your exact same interests and spending time comparing the differences in the hobby.  I think I had my hot pink '47 Ford convert at the time along with the red Corvette.  

Please don't go to any trouble but the next time you see him please tell him I said "HI".  I didn't have a computer at the time we met so we exchanged addresses and he wrote and sent photos.  If he has a computer, please feel free to give him my email or better yet, turn him onto the RRT, or both.  I'd love to be able to show him a photo of Big Olds and catch up on what he's been building.

Thanks bud!  Much appreciated.

hotrodladycrusr@aol.com

rx4ord

No worries Denise. I will see him today and tell him to get in touch. He will be very surprised and happy to contact you I think. Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks mate, I look forward to hearing from him.  8)