So what has everybody been up to?

Started by Fat Cat, November 19, 2005, 07:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Just got home today (Sunday) from a week in deer camp in the beautiful Upper Penninsula of Michigan. We drove the 550 miles last Satuday and it was 54 degrees when we got to camp, no snow.  :(  The season didn't open till Tuesday so we put up a new power pole and switched the wires from the old pole. We got a light snow on Sunday and a lot of wind. I shot a forkhorn on opening day, a friends son got a nice eight point too. My friend hit a nice wall hanger late in the afternoon and radioed me for help. We tracked it till dark and planned to pick up the track the next morning; it started to snow that evening and didn't stop for another day. There was a foot of snow by the morning so we never did find the wounded deer  :cry: We ended up with about 16 inches of snow! O ther than that i have been working on my daughters house. Now that winter is here I can get back to the cars in the shop, and maybe spend more time here also.

terrarodder

I am an Advisor for a Model railroad Explorer Post part of the Boy Scouts and we have a model train set up at the Marine Corps Reserve, Toys for tots,train display till the end of the year. Then back to the garage to install a ing. switch to lock my electric drs. and a emergancy enterence cable to the rear dr. Plus shovel snow, its coming!
normal people scare me

Hey Skip....I remember....You were on the old SRS message board as I recall?? Stick around!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

reborn55

George--glad to here your wife is doing well.
Showed my streetrod a couple of time recently and supposedly it is sold--so if it goes I will be on the hunt for something else.  Weather has allowed me to put more gravel down in driveway--one more load to go.  Tuesday wife is having knee surgery(she fell at the local mall a few months ago) so I will be waiting on her for awhile.  Needed to burn some vacation anyway. Then I guess I will go to work on the 55.

alchevy

UPDATE: We had a nice time today at the Veteran's Cruise in Jackson, MS. Still ran into a few sprinkles on the cars, but not as much as it would have been last Sunday. Since we had to postpone it a week, we had a smaller crowd. Here's a link to the pictures I took:

http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/vacruise05.htm

I should recieve some more pictures from someone else that was taking pictures today also. I will post them after I get them.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

348tripower

I have been working on the Tear Drop Trailer the 48 F1 and a 51 GMC.  Saturday I put a 700r4 in the 48 and a 350/350 combo in the GMC. It is in the mock up stage. Finished the 700r4 install yesterday. Long ways to go on the GMC.  Also doing some repair and brake jobs here and there for mad money.  Got the whole inside of the house painted and doing some needed changes there.  Purple pickup, I hope everything goes well for you. I won't spray anymore till I get a fresh air system and  suit.  Got onto trouble with  those isocyanates and got pretty sick. No more of that.  Also need a better fan system.
Don
Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

Same old business at Charlies....still puttering with the track roadster; gets a little closed each day. Mocked up the '32 chassis and decided that I need to build a chassis jig. Finally finished the leaves this weekend and will haul the last trailer load to the dump today. Other than that everything is quiet at our ranch.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

flamefink

You guys probably haven't heard from me in while either... Been pretty slow around my way. Started a second job workin nights so I can put together some much needed cash. Haven't done much with the A since K'zoo. Me and my dad have been spendin a little time here and there building a Duece Roadster for a friend.

A few quick snippets of what we've done so far:

SBC ZZ4 w/ 3 dueces, Technostalgia Olds Rocket valve covers, Zipper Motors waterpump riser, Limefire headers w/polished stainless exhaust all the way back, polished 350TH trans

9" w/ Model A style spring, powder coated black and striped by "Von Joe"

Fully powder coated ASC rails with model a front and rear cross members, polished aluminum driveshaft, Pete and Jakes ladder bars-shocks-hair pins(front), Super Bell 4" chrome dropped/drilled axle & disc brakes, Posies front and rear springs,all riding on Astro Supremes and radial WWW

Also picked up this:

Other side:

Oh and I'm looking to get rid of everything but the cowl and the grilleshell. Was going to keep the rails but they aren't looking to promising for what I had in mind. Lots more pics available if anyone is interested.

Got a little bored the yesterday morning after getting off work and took some pictures...

And after getting really bored.... (and a few extra parts from another project we'll be starting to put together soon)
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

rooster

Been helping son with his 49 chevy.  Primed and painted the stock wheels this wekend also got 2 of them mounted up. Still waiting for parts on front suspension. Looking forward to Turkey day at grandmas. You guys have a good one!

sirstude

Hi all,

Pretty much the same for me.  Mostly work, I like what I do, but he hours can get pretty long at times.  Trying to get the Olds done, but sure must be getting old.  I spent most of the weekend building two small (2"x2") boxes to mount the 4 bulkhead fittings for the air lines going through the trunk area.  Used to be able to get that done in a couple of hours.  Worked on my sons car also, and a few things for the wife in the house.  Possibly that is why I can't get anything done.  

Doug

ps.  George, my prayers will be with you and yours.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Cword

I've become a roadie for a band.
I had a test run back in June, when I volunteered to drive the equipment truck for the marching band my son is in (Calgary Stampede Showband). We went out to the Chicago area and did a competition tour there.
Since then I was asked to volunteer on the truck for the 2005/06 season.  It's fun being around the kids so I said yes.  I also do the newsletter for the group and my wife and I run one of their fund raising programs.

On the car front,  my dad gave me a gas pump about a month ago. It needed a globe, and I couldn't decide what brand to choose, so I made my own.

The lenses are in production, and bodies are on their way.  I'll make about 15 globes bearing my new "brand".
I'm working on labeling for a complete products line for my ficticious "North of 49 Garage"

Mike
--

DRD57

In the last month,
I got married
Went on an 8 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera
Moved living quarters from the shop to new bride's house.
Went boating for a weekend
Went on a 4 day business trip to Chicopee, MA (BRRRRRRR!)
Sold new bride's house.
Looked for a another (bigger) house, deal pending.
Drove my 32 roadster all over SoCal 2 weekends
Life is good!

Ohio Blue Tip

Just got back from a week of deer hunting in northern Michigan.  No wall hangers to bag, that's why they call it hunting and not killing!
I've got 6 more days to drag my bottom to work, then sweet  retirement.  Won't start out very good as I will be having foot surgery on Dec. 2.  What a way to start retirement.  When I get moving again I have plenty of work, finish the 34 Ford, start finishing the 33 Dodge and just plain have fun.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

I've been doing more house stuff then car stuff this last month.  Completely redid my main bathroom.  It's got a real cute surf shack/woodie theme right down to the crackled distressed walls, bambo window covering and bambo shower curtain rod.

My yard is cleaned up and ready for winter.  Big Odls is ready as well.  Got his rear wheel bearing fixed, then put some miles on him last Sunday.  Yesterday took off all the chrome bits on the dash, tail light bezels and fender extension spears.  It's all going to Advance Plating on Friday while were down in KY visiting Earl Scheib for the long holiday weekend.

Will start getting the house ready for the Christmas holidays then after the first of the year hopefully get going on Big Olds full steam.  My goal is the first weekend in March to have everything complete. :roll:

Glad to read everyone is doing well.  I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Pep

Pictures and words will tell it all..I'm still toiling away with the 37.....just click on the WWW thing and check out the build progress.....then you will see what I've been up to.....Oh yeah...sold the 34 Ford and bought a pretend rod..a PT Cruiser.
See Ya
Pep