hey cros...

Started by tomslik, October 07, 2005, 07:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

got any idea what driveshaft yoke fits the (i think) 5 speed auto mopar trans?
don't know what year but it's a 5.7 hemi from a 2wd truck(i guess)

just full of info, right?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tomslik

uhhh, anybody can answer, i just figgered crosley might know....(hint,hint,hint)

Crosley.In.AZ

We have only built a few of them. One went into the Goodguys giveaway car the boydster crew built.

As i recall the yoke is a new / different size from the 727 / 518 stuff
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"We have only built a few of them. One went into the Goodguys giveaway car the boydster crew built.

As i recall the yoke is a new / different size from the 727 / 518 stuff

that's about what i figured.
any chance of a part #?
this may end up not being MY problem but i'll bet it does...

Crosley.In.AZ

it's been a while, but we have one the 5 speeds in the shop.  Same yoke as the 727 will fit this monster.

A few photos to show the tranny.  large electrical connector.

The photo of the vavle body .... those are ALL screws that hold the sucker together!
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

tom........ you out there?
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"tom........ you out there?

yeah,sorry.
haven't had much time to respond to much, wife tangled with a full size blazer with her scion, she had to spend the night in the hospital.

blazer smacked her hard enough to put her 1/2 block 90 degrees from the direction she was travelling...

btw, thanks Carps+toyota!
car did it's job
but it's totalled...

Crosley.In.AZ

holy crap!  :shock:

hope she comes out OK , with no problems  later.
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"holy crap!  :shock:

hope she comes out OK , with no problems  later.

me too......

already got another XA ordered...
got side airbags in this one;)

btw, thanks for the info about the slipyoke.
now i gotta find one :roll:

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"tom........ you out there?

yeah,sorry.
haven't had much time to respond to much, wife tangled with a full size blazer with her scion, she had to spend the night in the hospital.

blazer smacked her hard enough to put her 1/2 block 90 degrees from the direction she was travelling...

btw, thanks Carps+toyota!
car did it's job
but it's totalled...

Well, that sucks. glad to hear there were no serious injuries.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"me too......

already got another XA ordered...
got side airbags in this one;)

btw, thanks for the info about the slipyoke.
now i gotta find one :roll:

the new cars are amazing as Carps has carp'd about.  :lol:

this VW Jetta we bought has airbags everywhere it seems.  Above the doors , in the A pillar, front seats, besides the dash air bags.  Insurance was cheaper because of the air bags.  

The XA is a great car.  We would have bought one if the interior color was availbible in a  lighter color.

We still like the HHR from the General too.  Tons of space inside it.

8)
Tony

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"We still like the HHR from the General too.  Tons of space inside it.

8)
I like them too.  I drove one last week and it's just the right size for me.   It had plenty of power too.  GM is finally putting a reasonable price on something.   I just don't want to go in debt again but they sure are tempting.  There are some customs being built with LS6's in them.....585 hp. :shock:
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"We still like the HHR from the General too.  Tons of space inside it.

8)
I like them too.  I drove one last week and it's just the right size for me.   It had plenty of power too.  GM is finally putting a reasonable price on something.   I just don't want to go in debt again but they sure are tempting.  There are some customs being built with LS6's in them.....585 hp. :shock:

we drove a XB (the box) friday, HUGE on the inside, i can see why they sell the snot out of 'em.
drove a TC(not impressed, no room inside) and a prius too, could NOT stand to look at the dash on the prius.

sorry cros, i WON'T have a european car....

Crosley.In.AZ

we drove a XB (the box) friday, HUGE on the inside, i can see why they sell the snot out of 'em.
drove a TC(not impressed, no room inside) and a prius too, could NOT stand to look at the dash on the prius.

mayb in a year or 2 i will not be fond of european cars neither. Yet at 40 mpg in town , I like it. No trouble running 75 to 80 mph up the hills going to Show Low, AZ

8)
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"

mayb in a year or 2 i will not fond of european cars neither. Yet at 40 mpg in town , I like it. No trouble running 75 to 80 mph up the hills going to Show Low, AZ

8)

as long as it's under warrenty, you'll like it just fine....
i just hate working on the bas tards...