hey cros...

Started by tomslik, October 07, 2005, 07:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

as long as it's under warrenty, you'll like it just fine....
i just hate working on the bas tards...

that is true.  I have read some items where VW likes to argue often on warranty items.

I changed oil & filter on it last week.  Had to order the correct spec oil in from florida.  Got the filter at A-Zone.  Oil filter is real easy swap out.

Bought a brand of oil you seldom hear of:  Motul oil.  VW spec is  505.01

VW says first oil service is 5k miles.  I could not wait that long , changed it a 2500 miles.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

as long as it's under warrenty, you'll like it just fine....
i just hate working on the bas tards...

that is true.  I have read some items where VW likes to argue often on warranty items.

I changed oil & filter on it last week.  Had to order the correct spec oil in from florida.  Got the filter at A-Zone.  Oil filter is real easy swap out.

Bought a brand of oil you seldom hear of:  Motul oil.  VW spec is  505.01

VW says first oil service is 5k miles.  I could not wait that long , changed it a 2500 miles.

8)

can't run rottella in it?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Fat Cat

Quote from: "tomslik"can't run rottella in it?

Not if you want to keep the warranty. VW says to maintain the warranty you need to run their oil spec in the car and most US manufacturers do not have a oil that meets the spec.

Crosley.In.AZ

Rotella syn oil is not at spec yet.  The correct VW is a synthetic oil with 505.01

mubbling on some VW TDI boards is Amsoil & Rotella T will meet specs on january 01-2006.  It seems rumor has it that VW was holding back the spec from some oil compainies ...
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)