Sneek Peek at Dad's '56

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, May 13, 2005, 09:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Dad's '56 was just rolled out of the paint booth.  It's turned out awesome and Dad couldn't be more pleased.  Shortly it will be off to the trim shop.  Then back home to be reassembled hopefully in time for a GG Columbus debute.

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

DRD57

That looks very nice.

Unfortunately, if you paint anything in that color scheme out here, everyone assumes your a member of the Raider Nation.

Mikej

Very nice Denise, Is that a full size picture of the car..... :lol:
Is he bringing the car to Des Moines?

Bob K

Quote from: "Mikej"Very nice Denise, Is that a full size picture of the car..... :lol:
Is he bringing the car to Des Moines?

Very, Very nice Denise, I have the same question.  Seeing as Colombus is the week after Des Moines. Then can we assume that it won't be in Iowa.

That would sadden me as I want to see it.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

B :cry: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Crafty

that will look excellent when bolted back together, I was thinking of silver and a charcoal colour for my '55, but Im a way off paint yet.

HotRodLadyCrusr

The appearance of Dad and the '56 at DesMoines depends sololy on if the car is put back together in time.  It was suppose to be outta paint and interior by now and in dad's garage for assembly.  The paint shop feels so bad about keeping it so long, even though they were on the car daily and the setbacks we're not their fault, the owner and a number of the other guys have offered to come over and help dad nites and weekends till its back together.  They are almost as excited as Dad about seeing it completed.

Don, Raider Nation???  I don't get it :?

BobK, you'll be able to see the car the begining of June when your in town for BilletProof.  It should be just down the street in Dad's garage at that time.  In fact, if you wanna lend a hand in reassembly I'm sure we could put you to work during your visit. :lol:

Bob K

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"The appearance of Dad and the '56 at DesMoines depends sololy on if the car is put back together in time.  It was suppose to be outta paint and interior by now and in dad's garage for assembly.  The paint shop feels so bad about keeping it so long, even though they were on the car daily and the setbacks we're not their fault, the owner and a number of the other guys have offered to come over and help dad nites and weekends till its back together.  They are almost as excited as Dad about seeing it completed.

Don, Raider Nation???  I don't get it :?

BobK, you'll be able to see the car the begining of June when your in town for BilletProof.  It should be just down the street in Dad's garage at that time.  In fact, if you wanna lend a hand in reassembly I'm sure we could put you to work during your visit. :lol:

Raider Nation:

Black and Silver are the colors of the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Somewhere else  Raider football team. I'm betting that his comment refers to some sort of fan base or even a gang.

I'll be glad to help with reassembly.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"BobK, In fact, if you wanna lend a hand in reassembly I'm sure we could put you to work during your visit. :lol:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)

the only thing i got out of him when he was here is
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"BobK, In fact, if you wanna lend a hand in reassembly I'm sure we could put you to work during your visit. :lol:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)

the only thing i got out of him when he was here is

not really but it sure is fun givin him grief. :b-d:

he is a pleasure to have as a guest and is welcome here anytime. :mrgreen:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

HotRodLadyCrusr

That BobK "pose" looks awful fimiliar and took place here at the house as well.  I just forgot to snap a photo of it.  Won't happen again :lol:

sal37

Denise
The '56 is looking great, thanks for the early pics.  Is the wheel/tire combo shown in the photos going to be on the finished car or is something else planned??

Steve

That's a pretty jazzy ride for an old retired Sea Dog! Bet your Dad's anxious to get it on the road! I like it!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Steve, those are the same ones he's always had on the car.  He's talked about wanting to change them but they have less then 10,000 miles on them and Mom would probley have a cow if he did.  It's sitting alittle higher in the shop photos cuz it's got no interior or trim on it, and those bumpers weight a ton.  Will come down to "normal" cruzn height like before when it's all put back together.