Sneek Peek at Dad's '56

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, May 13, 2005, 09:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

I think you are right Denise.  I thought that the wheel/tire combo was the original but in the new paint pics the combination does not look quite as good as previously.  They look a bit small I think.

Steve

Pope Downunder

Looks great.  I bet he is happy.

alchevy

Car looks great! When I first saw the picture, I was thinking that Christopher Titus and Chip Foose better look out...'cause there's a sharper looking car on the horizon!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

DRD57

Quote from: "Bob K"Raider Nation:

Black and Silver are the colors of the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Somewhere else  Raider football team. I'm betting that his comment refers to some sort of fan base or even a gang.

hahahaha or both.

A 2nd grade teacher asked her students which of them were San Diego Charger fans and all of them raised their hands but one little girl. When the the teacher inquired further, the little girl stated she was a 49er's fan. The teacher then asked why and the girl replied that her dad and her mom were both 49er's fans so, she also was a 49er's fan. After giving the class a lecture on being your own person and making your own choices in life she asked the girl what she would be if her dad was a drug dealing pimp and her mom was a crackedhead prostitute the girl responded "then I'd be a Raiders fan".  

So, you see, the Raider Nation is not exactly known for being the "upper crust" of society.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Steve, I believe wheels are looking smaller then before because the wheelwell looks bigger.   The black paint and the black wheelwell fool the eye I think, not  a contrast like with the blue paint.  It should look ok once everything is back together and the fender "sits" on the top edge of the wheel.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.