Junkyard crawl

Started by enjenjo, March 25, 2005, 01:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatnik

I took a bunch of pictures, but I downloaded them at HRLC's and when I got home I found out they were removed from my camera :shock:  I'll see if I can get/post them tomorrow.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

beatnik

Very cool place

57 Chevy's

Enjenjo finds Denise some chrome trim for her interior.

What a HAMB

Some cars have been there an awful long time

beatnik

Then We went on a tour of the private collection Enjeno posted about. cars I'll probably never see up close again.

slocrow

Quote from: "beatnik"I'll see if I can get/post them tomorrow.

Thanks Gus. Second best to being there...............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

cyberrodder

Thanx heaps for the pics, so my question is whats the going prices for parts nowa days?
I spoke to someone the other day about shipping to AUS and it has now gotten dear to ship internally around the US than shipping to AUS.
The cheap way out of it was getting the parts to a shipping port?
Its all to do with the price of oil!

thanx
Cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

enjenjo

Let me know what you want, and I'll check out prices. The port of Toledo is only 20 miles from here, but I don't know if they ship containers there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

cyberrodder

I am still hunting around AUS to find some doors, but one old timer (been in the parts game a along time) said "just find any make of door around that period if you want to copy you should have no problems, they are all the same". I dont know how true that is but I may do some digging around as there is some options on chasing up a STUTZ or a Studebaker of the same era rather cheaply.
He mentioned also that they dont have to be chemically cleaned they just need be clean enough so no mud or creapy crawls on them.

I'll keep looking for the moment and let you know,

thanx
Cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

sal37

Thanks for the pics Gus.  I like the shots with the trees going through the cars.  Was it cold on the day??
Steve

Crosley.In.AZ

all neat stuff.  I love wondering through old yards where stuff has sit for decades.  Not much remains though

When we first came upon my 37 Willys in Casa Grande........ the owners son tells us "it has sit like that since dad bought the new Ford"....

when asked what the "new Ford" was.....he points to a 1952 4 door Ford sitting under a falling down carport.

The Willys had sit for 35 years in one spot and looked like it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)