Junkyard crawl

Started by enjenjo, March 25, 2005, 01:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Enjeno, looks like Beatnik and I will be traveling there together on Saturday morning but not as early as you guys are meeting.  Could you please PM me the address or directions for the place you guys will be at around 9-10am.  We'll be coming down US23.

For those that will be there early, please keep your eyes pealed for some stainless trim, either interior or exterior, that has some sort of fancy V in it.  I'd appreciate it if you make a mental note where in the yard the piece is so I could take a look at it when I get there.  You will be rewarded for your efforts with COOKIES!  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

......hope you guys are having fun.  It's a beautiful day out there.  My foot just isn't healed enough to trudge thru junkyards....I'm bummed :(
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"......hope you guys are having fun.  It's a beautiful day out there.  My foot just isn't healed enough to trudge thru junkyards....I'm bummed :(

George, what kind of meds ore you on!!!!!  Is it really nice down there??? It's snowing and blowing up here...NOT a day to be in the junkyard... :shock:

Charlie Chops 1940

It was rainy, very muddy and a bit on the chilly side - started just inside the Ohio border. We had a good time though.. I didn't take any pics as I couldn't get my hand out of my warm pockets.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"George, what kind of meds ore you on!!!!!  Is it really nice down there??? It's snowing and blowing up here...NOT a day to be in the junkyard... :shock:
It has been sunny all day and I'd guess that it got up into the low 60's today.  It was real windy but a perfect day to open up all the doors to the shop and blow out the winter's accumulation of dust & crap.  We must have got a touch Tony's weather....probably some returning snowbirds brought it back with them. :D

Charlie, that roll of foam insulation just got here.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

George - I'll  get with you on a plan in a day or so.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

GPster, he has a GMC hood, $50 but the gas to get it might make it a wash. missed you George, you should have been here this afternoon for the car collection tour. There are pictures, they will be up later. I picked up a hood for my 47 Pontiac, and some stuff for other projects around here, Denise found some trim for Big Olds. Fatcat found some parts he couldn't live without, and My grandson got some RIMZ for his ride. :lol:

Roadstar

You think you might do it again? When the weather is more to my liking, and I  don't have to work, And I'm all caught up on the 15  projects I have going and bla, bla,bla......

Hope you all had a good time. :(

enjenjo

Yes we can do it again. Yes the weather sucked. I'll go back out there any time.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"GPster, he has a GMC hood, $50 but the gas to get it might make it a wash.
The GM trucks seem very rare around here and I've only got that one call so far. I'll keep it in mind though. I hate to waste traveling money on this project but if something happens and we have another BBQ trailer re-build day it would be easier to part with two nights of lodging and three tanks of gas OR don't they have a spring Springfield swap meet. GPster

enjenjo

We might be able to set up a relay at Springfield.

junkyardjeff

Hi I am a new member down the road in dayton and holler when you do it again.   There are a couple yards down here that have older stuff that I can take you to,I have exhausted all the yards around here for stuff I need.   Jeff

cyberrodder

enjenjo,  hey wheres the pics?

I am seeing some on other forums before here what gives?
dont we get exclusivity?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

enjenjo

I'll see what I can do.  :lol:  To be honest, I didn't take any myself, I had camera problems, insufficent operator. And the ones who did, haven't posted them here yet.