PPU UPDATE

Started by Bob K, February 25, 2005, 10:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Just got off of the phone with George. His foot surgery was done on Monday and he is at home. Hobbling around on crutches. He will see the Dr. this afternoon to get a cast put on and that should increase his mobility.

Has to keep his foot up most of the time so he can't use the computer. He said to say hi to eveyone and hopes to be on the puter this weekend.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Thanks for the update! Being immobile sucks! George...good luck and hope you're well on your way to a speedy recovery!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rooster

I was wondering where he was. Bounce back George! better than ever.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I can call him now and breath heavy into the phone..... he has no escape.  :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

GPster

Give me the title of the topic that explains what's going on. Being immobile and having to keep your foot up is terrible. Now's the time to plan cruise control in the Purple Pick-Up. Maybe you'll be a SHOE-IN as a driver at Bonneville. Aren't you glad you don't have to kick-start Harleys any more? GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

we hope all goes well for George.

When your feet hurt ...... oh man it is no fun.  

I know, I am on my feet all day.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"we hope all goes well for George.

When your feet hurt ...... oh man it is no fun.  

I know, I am on my feet all day.

waaa waaa waaa

just imagine what it would be like to be on your knees all day

purplepickup

Thanks for the well wishes.  Right now I'm not doing very good but it's all in my head because of the cast.  It's real tight and I'm very claustrophobic.  I think it's because of the medications (Vicodin) but I'm having some very strong anxiety...to the point it's hard to breathe.   This cast HAS TO COME OFF!!  I know I'm being a weenie and it's only a leg cast.  I keep telling myself that but right now that isn't much comfort...I can't think about anything else.

I also know there are people way worse off than me and it seems selfish for me to be this way.  When I was in my motorcycle accident I was in and out of body casts for 6 months.  I don't know how I did it.  My brain must have been younger and stronger then.

I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring you because I feel like you're all friends.  I'm hoping that talking about it will help some.  It's all I can do to stay focused enough to type.  I'm sure I'll regret baring my soul and insecurities tomorrow when I read this but it does feel better to talk now.  

Hopefully tomorrow will be better...if I can just get to sleep.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Good to see you are on the mend.

you will feel much better in a couple of days.... 8)   gettin older is a bunch of BS at times.

Most likely I will need surgery on my left foot in a year or less.

I don't like doctors, guess we need them .  

After my doctor  put me in the hospital in 1999 I swore : " next time i go into a hospital it will be on a stretcher".......  yada , yada

:shock:

good luck buddy , take care!!
Tony

58 Yeoman

George, it's hard for me to imagine you being claustrophobic, driving that small truck around the country.  When my GF gets cold in the house, I tell her to step outside in the cold air, then come back in and the house feels a lot warmer.  Maybe, if you put a bucket on your head for a minute, then take it off, you won't notice the cast on your leg?  You never know, it might work.

Good luck with your cast.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Bob K

Quote from: "purplepickup"Thanks for the well wishes.  Right now I'm not doing very good but it's all in my head because of the cast.  It's real tight and I'm very claustrophobic.  I think it's because of the medications (Vicodin) but I'm having some very strong anxiety...to the point it's hard to breathe.   This cast HAS TO COME OFF!!  I know I'm being a weenie and it's only a leg cast.  I keep telling myself that but right now that isn't much comfort...I can't think about anything else.

I also know there are people way worse off than me and it seems selfish for me to be this way.  When I was in my motorcycle accident I was in and out of body casts for 6 months.  I don't know how I did it.  My brain must have been younger and stronger then.

I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring you because I feel like you're all friends.  I'm hoping that talking about it will help some.  It's all I can do to stay focused enough to type.  I'm sure I'll regret baring my soul and insecurities tomorrow when I read this but it does feel better to talk now.  

Hopefully tomorrow will be better...if I can just get to sleep.

Take an asprin, call me in the morning.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"George, it's hard for me to imagine you being claustrophobic, driving that small truck around the country.  When my GF gets cold in the house, I tell her to step outside in the cold air, then come back in and the house feels a lot warmer.  Maybe, if you put a bucket on your head for a minute, then take it off, you won't notice the cast on your leg?  You never know, it might work.

I was wondering the same thing with that litle truck cab......  :wink:
Tony

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"George, it's hard for me to imagine you being claustrophobic, driving that small truck around the country.  When my GF gets cold in the house, I tell her to step outside in the cold air, then come back in and the house feels a lot warmer.  Maybe, if you put a bucket on your head for a minute, then take it off, you won't notice the cast on your leg?  You never know, it might work.

Phil could be on to something here George!!  :wink:   Sorry to hear your haveing that prob. I'm sure its not easy to deal with. and It will be fine today after you read it!!!  :lol:  Might take your mind away from other things, lol wondering WHY did I!!
I don't like Vicodin, it makes me jittery maybe thats doing that to you? could you try a diff pain med? or have you taken it before with no probs.

Just pretend the cast is a fishing boot or something and your on the way to the cabin to do fun stuff  :twisted:

hope your doing better soon, rig up a little stool so you can prop up your leg and talk to us. You miss many more days here you won't know anyone at the rate its been going, not to mention never catching up. Been more posts on here in the last week then 1/2 the yr last yr I think!!  :P

P.S. has denise called yet??  :lol:  :lol:

phat46

Hey George, hope you get better quickly! It must be really bad if your foot keeps you from typing!!!  :shock:  I hope it's not your throttle foot anyway. Most of us guys don't like doctors, but I hope you follow  the docs intructions, some of them actually know more about medicine than us :D

Bob K

P.S. has denise called yet??  

Yeah, Inquiring minds wanna know, with your luck, Sue will answer the Phone.

B :roll: B