PPU UPDATE

Started by Bob K, February 25, 2005, 10:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Hey I'm thinking about you and they are even good thoughts.  Concentrate on how you are going to finish that teardrop and you won't have time to think about that cast.

QuoteI'm very claustrophobic

Does this mean you won't be sliding into my lakester  :roll: .

Well anyway get well,

Sum

purplepickup

Well, I'm all better now.  I called the Dr last night after I posted because the feeling I was having was completely overwhelming.  Sue was gone for the night and I was starting to lose control.  I think I had a reaction to the Vicodin that made the feeling worse.  I quit taking any pain meds at all. Dr came into his office this morning and took the cast off against his better judgment.  The surgery involved detaching the achilles tendon and it is only re-attached with some temporary fasteners until it grows back onto the bone.  He's worried that something will screw up without it being immobilized.  I assured him I will do whatever it takes to protect it.  Monday I'm going to an orthopedic prosthetic place where I can get a device of some sort to stabilize my ankle.  

I know that being claustrophobic and driving my little truck sounds like a conflict but they are really two different things.  The truck might be a tad confining but it gives me so much pleasure that the lack of space is easily made up by the sense of freedom it gives me.  I might have to think twice before I got in your lakester tho Sum.  I'm a little thicker in the middle than you are.  I'd be proud to pull you around or chase tools for you tho :D

The reason I couldn't get on the internet is because I had to lay down with my foot above my heart to keep the swelling down and help prevent blood clots.  Sue would get on in the mornings and tell me a little bit about what was going on...here and on a teardrop forum I'm on.  That got to be too much for her...especially here with all the new members and posts.  

My biggest interest right now is getting the camping trailer built so mostly I had her check on the teardrop forum looking for ideas I can use.  I've got a plan now, Sumner, and before the surgery I did quite a bit of work to the frame I got from you.  Unfortunately it involved taking off the sides you had already made....Sorry.  I know you had a lot of work into them.  I've got some pictures I took before the surgery.  I got a lot of neat ideas from T&TTT forum too.  I'll probably start a post on it in a while.  My biggest problem right now is staying immobile for 3 more weeks.  I never was much for sitting around.

Well that's enough rambling for now...gotta go lay down.  Thanks for listening last night.  I needed someone to talk to.  It's impossible to explain what I was feeling....and if I tried you'd just think I was psyco. :|
George

1FATGMC

We'll I'm glad you are feeling better.  Don't worry about taking the sides off of the trailer.  I only had a day or so into them and thought you were going to do it different.  I'm glad you are progressing on it and I'll be interested in seeing what you have planned.

Hope to see it this summer,

Sum

slocrow

Thanks for the update Bob and George, glad to see you've come across in apparently good fashion. Don't move that foot. That tendon is nothing to fool with. Stay with it and you'll be all heel again......(smile).  FrankIV
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

You sound better now George. Try to relax. If you want I can come down and help you out for a day or more after Cobo...what say you?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"You sound better now George. Try to relax. If you want I can come down and help you out for a day or more after Cobo...what say you?

Charlie
Thanks for the offer but I'm fine now.  I can't put any weight on that foot for three more weeks so I'll be relaxing plenty and won't be doing anything that I'll need help with.  I've got the TV remote and all my necessities around my "nest" on the couch.  I'm getting to be real handy on crutches too when I need to get up and around for something.

I'm not real proud of it but here's a pic of how I'm splinting my ankle until the orthopedic store opens Monday.  I can't take a chance on screwing it up in my sleep.  If I could get out in the shop I'd probably be able to make something a little better but this hunk of wood was in the kindling box and it works. :D

George

enjenjo

Don't worry George, I always thought you were a bit psyco. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't worry George, I always thought you were a bit psyco. :lol:
Just a bit?  That's a compliment compared to what most say.  ~:)
George

WZ JUNK

Take care.  Better days are ahead.  That sure is an ugly foot.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

n.c.rodder

Oh, the wonders of duct tape - what would we do without it!!!
Till we meet - On the street

Crosley.In.AZ

Red Green  would be proud of your foot  brace......
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"That sure is an ugly foot.

This is certainly a case where the more tape the better. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"That sure is an ugly foot.

This is certainly a case where the more tape the better. :shock:
With ugly being the key word here.....I wonder how many rolls of duct tape it would take to cover a certain Ohio person caught mowing his lawn nekkid.  :)(  

By the way, taking off the duct tape is a lot more difficult than putting it on.  :|
George

slocrow

Quote from: "purplepickup"By the way, taking off the duct tape is a lot more difficult than putting it on.  :|

Not kidding here George, lighter fluid like Zippo works great when one has to break down the adheisive on like duct tape.
By the way, sleeping has to scare you without the cast. I never thought of that ........CB
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"I wonder how many rolls of duct tape it would take to cover a certain Ohio person caught mowing his lawn nekkid.

The answer is 4. As least that was what we used to keep him in his clothes the last time he attempted to get out of them.