New guy from Michigan

Started by Red LeClear, January 09, 2005, 08:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red LeClear

Hi, I'm new here.  Been checking it out for a couple of weeks now, sounds like a bunch of fun people interested in lots of different cars and trucks.  I have a 29 Model A Ford coupe Highboy I built over the last few years.  I did all the work except the upholstery.  It's been on the road for 3 years now, with changes each winter.  It's got a 350 Chevy that I added 3x2's too last winter.  I''ve been working on a 67 Chevy pick-up with my son on the last while.  We hope to have it on the road this spring.  It's not going to be finished, but he needs something fun to drive too.  We are putting an air bag suspension on it and today I got a c-notch about finished on one side, so I got something done finally.  I live in Michigan, which it seems a few others do too and it's cold in the shop this time of year.  I recognize the purple Chevy pick-up from St. Ignace and the Nationals north, nice truck, others seem to have nice rides too.  I'd be interested in meeting up with others this summer sometime. [/list]

Fuzzy

Welcome aboard Red.It's a great bunch of people here with an amazing amount of knowledge.I've only met a handful of the members here,and you won't find a better bunch anywhere.Fuzzy :b-d:
No billet for this kid!

purplepickup

Welcome to the RRT Ron.  :b-d:  

Yup, I went to St Ignace every year for many years.  I haven't been back since 2002 tho.  I miss going because I like cruising around in the UP but I got a little tired of the show.  It has changed a lot in the last 10 years.  I'm on the road a lot so if you see me somewhere, holler.  Post a picture of your coupe when you get time and then I'll know who's hollerin' :D
George

phat46

Good to see another Michigander here. Great time of the year to be out in the shop, if you're not busy doing other winter things. We're gonna have to get all the  Michiganders  together sometime.

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. First show that we'll,  most of us anyway, have our cars there is Coldwater in May. we have a build day for the BBQ trailer next saturday, you're welcome to come on down if you like, it's near Toledo.

I see you made the chat, but didn't stay, come on back there next sunday, and we'll show you the ropes. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47wood

Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

phat rat

Welcome to the board. There's 3 of us here in Muskegon. Where are you located?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Welcome! You'll like hanging out here!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Ohio Blue Tip

Welcome to the RRT!   It's good to have another Michigan guy, just in case we have to go to war with Ohio! :lol:   We must out-number them by now?
Where are you located?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

Quotejust in case we have to go to war with Ohio!  We must out-number them by now?

Nope, not yet. there are still 10 of us, and only 100 of yours. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quotejust in case we have to go to war with Ohio!  We must out-number them by now?

Ya, but we're comen in the summer when all you guys are a mowen the lawn.  We know what Ohio boys wear to trim the grass! :twisted:  :twisted:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat46

Yeah, we did lose the first Michigan/Ohio war. Congress gave Ohio a ten mile strip of land where Toledo is now and all we got was the entire Upper Penninsula of Michigan. All that was up there was a few billion dollars worth of copper, iron and timber.... :shock:

phat rat

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"

Ya, but we're comen in the summer when all you guys are a mowen the lawn.  We know what Ohio boys wear to trim the grass! :twisted:  :twisted:

That's just why I wouldn't want too go to Ohio in the summer :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Red LeClear

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Welcome to the RRT!   It's good to have another Michigan guy, just in case we have to go to war with Ohio! :lol:   We must out-number them by now?
Where are you located?

I'm located between Mt. Pleasant and Shepherd, about 60 miles north of Lansing.  Let me know when the war starts with Ohio, I'll be there.   :D

n.c.rodder

I might be able to round up a couple dozen "Yoopers" - They'll do anything for BEER!!
Till we meet - On the street