New guy from Michigan

Started by Red LeClear, January 09, 2005, 08:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red LeClear

My son helped me figure out how to do this, so here is a picture of my Model A coupe.

Roadstar

All  right, Welcome aboard. Cool coupe ya got there looks like nothing but fun.
You'll like this bunch. Especially Frank Jr. :wink:

Come to Franks Saturday and you will have a chance to meet some of the guys.

And gals :D

Jimmy Jay

Welcome to the board Red.  We stop around your area on each trip to Midland...  Can't pass the Shephard Shell station without stopping, in either direction!

Great looking coupe ya got there, we'll be looking for it while on the road.

Let's all not forget that we got something else along with the UP copper and iron.  We got skeeters, too!

Jay
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  :wink:

phat46

Quote from: "Jimmy Jay"Welcome to the board Red.  We stop around your area on each trip to Midland...  Can't pass the Shephard Shell station without stopping, in either direction!

Great looking coupe ya got there, we'll be looking for it while on the road.

Let's all not forget that we got something else along with the UP copper and iron.  We got skeeters, too!

Da best thing up der is da Yoopers o'course

Dave

Quote from: "Red LeClear"Hi, I'm new here.  Been checking it out for a couple of weeks now, sounds like a bunch of fun people interested in lots of different cars and trucks.  I have a 29 Model A Ford coupe Highboy I built over the last few years.  I did all the work except the upholstery.  It's been on the road for 3 years now, with changes each winter.  It's got a 350 Chevy that I added 3x2's too last winter.  I''ve been working on a 67 Chevy pick-up with my son on the last while.  We hope to have it on the road this spring.  It's not going to be finished, but he needs something fun to drive too.  We are putting an air bag suspension on it and today I got a c-notch about finished on one side, so I got something done finally.  I live in Michigan, which it seems a few others do too and it's cold in the shop this time of year.  I recognize the purple Chevy pick-up from St. Ignace and the Nationals north, nice truck, others seem to have nice rides too.  I'd be interested in meeting up with others this summer sometime. [/list]

Welcome Red.. Where abouts are you in central lower mich ? Im in Jackson were starting to get more and more michigan guys on here.
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "N8DC"
Welcome Red.. Where abouts are you in central lower mich ? Im in Jackson were starting to get more and more michigan guys on here.
Dave

Quote from: "Red LeClear"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Welcome to the RRT!   It's good to have another Michigan guy, just in case we have to go to war with Ohio! :lol:   We must out-number them by now?
Where are you located?

I'm located between Mt. Pleasant and Shepherd, about 60 miles north of Lansing.  Let me know when the war starts with Ohio, I'll be there.   :D

Red, your gonna have to forgive Dave, he's the slow little brother of the group :wink:

Welcome to the RRT.  Big 'ol BBQ at Enjenjo's on Saturday.  Alittle winter time activity to break up the bordom.  Love to have ya join us.  The food alone will be worth the drive.......the companys alright too. :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Curly

I'd be able to show you what "proper Ohio yardwork" apparel is.  :shock:  :oops:  :evil: But for some reason I can't get the pic to come up :?:

tattoo

I'm another new guy from Michigan(Jackson). I am working on a '34 ford 3 window coupe. I sell and install air suspension. I have always been in to custom cars and trucks. This is my first rod. I am also into Jet boats. I own a 1973 Merlin with a 455 olds pushing 400mp.

http://www.bagsandbrackets.com

Red LeClear

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "N8DC"
Dave

Quote from: "Red LeClear"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Welcome to the RRT!   It's good to have another Michigan guy, just in case we have to go to war with Ohio! :lol:   We must out-number them by now?
Where are you located?

I'm located between Mt. Pleasant and Shepherd, about 60 miles north of Lansing.  Let me know when the war starts with Ohio, I'll be there.   :D

Red, your gonna have to forgive Dave, he's the slow little brother of the group :wink:

Welcome to the RRT.  Big 'ol BBQ at Enjenjo's on Saturday.  Alittle winter time activity to break up the bordom.  Love to have ya join us.  The food alone will be worth the drive.......the companys alright too. :roll:

It sounds like a good time at the BBQ but I'm going to have to pass.  I coach freshmen basketball and I don't have alot of time to work on projects, cars and other things except for the week-ends.  And I understand about Dave :wink: next time I'll just type slower.

Red LeClear

Quote from: "tattoo"I'm another new guy from Michigan(Jackson). I am working on a '34 ford 3 window coupe. I sell and install air suspension. I have always been in to custom cars and trucks. This is my first rod. I am also into Jet boats. I own a 1973 Merlin with a 455 olds pushing 400mp.

http://www.bagsandbrackets.com

I checked out your bags and brackets site, wish I would have seen it before.  My son and I are bagging a 67 Chevy pick-up long bed.  We used suicidedoors.com kit and brackets.  You seem to have similar parts.  I've built a few cars but this is the first bag set-up.  I've re-built the front end, put in drop spindles and the front bags and brackets.  Now working on the rear, putting in a c-notch then we'll put on the brackets.  We have a 2 compressor system.  Good luck on your 34 if I can be of assistance let me know.  I did all the work on my Model A , not that it makes me an expert.  Al the people on this site seem to be pretty knowledgable too.