Get anything done this weekend?

Started by phat46, January 09, 2005, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I did, finally. I was out of comission for a couple weeks, one which i had off from work, with a bum back. But now I'm baaacck.
I took my peoject truck back a part  this weekend, now I have it done to the frame nad running gear with all the sheet metal off.
 I like to work by myself... :lol:

Bib_Overalls

Nope.  Too cold and my left thumb is hamburger.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

GPster

Saturday at 3:00AM the Ohio River crested at 43.2 feet . That put 1 foot of water in my garage. Because the joints are not too tight in the 150 year old sand stone blocks the ground water let about 4 1/2' of water in my basement. We were better prepared this time ( I started the truck project and drove it to a high spot accross the street UNDER IT'S OWN POWER). The backyard fish pond we have been building was the first thing to fill-up and will be the last thing to drain to ground water. Because the water level was level in it I was evening up the grade stakes around the edge so that when I build the concrete form it would be correct. I fell into the pond. I have no heat here and no hot water. I'm going to find a shower and a meal and chances are real good I won't be back for CHAT tonight. GPster

Joe...Sorry to hear about the high water problems again. :( Guess I shouldn't complain about the snow.My back still has me on the sidelines...nothing much getting done around here :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

It was in the upper 60's here today. Worked in the yard, rode the cycles, put in an Autoloc hidden ant. in the 53. The stations are all better than 50 miles away. The only way this thing would work was with me touching it. It's glued to the under side of the top. The antenna parts touch the undercoating at the tips of them. The rounded top made it real difficult to find a spot that it wouldn't touch. I'm disappointed in it but not surprised. I'm using the power ant. lead for a 12 volt power source. I think this is plenty of power to run it. Oh well.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Looks like the blown 40 Willys that I have worked on the last few months is going home tomorrow.  I just finished the rear bumper and I need to charge the air tomorrow and then my part is done.  It goes to the upholstry shop next.  We started the engine today and it did not catch on fire, which caused me to breathe a sigh of relief.  Next I will work on the 56 Plymouth which is to be a 50's style street car and I have 56 Ford big window pickup coming in this week.

This is the aluminum dash and steering column drop I made.  The column drop is a Mickey Thompson hemi rod that was modified into a drop for the Speedway stainless column.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I spent the weekend cleaning the shop for next saturdays build day. I got all the big stuff done, just sweeping and putting the small stuff away left.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

Yeah....done some more to the inner guards and finished off under primer....check out the January update on my site
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Quote from: "Pep"Yeah....done some more to the inner guards and finished off under primer....check out the January update on my site

Will do. How soon you going to be on the road?

Pep

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Pep"Yeah....done some more to the inner guards and finished off under primer....check out the January update on my site

Will do. How soon you going to be on the road?

Geez Frank.....ask me the meaning of life and I'd more of a clue...Originally I estimated 2 years...then I got the paint off....then it was pushed to September 2005....now, well FIIK ...probably end of 2006..maybe :roll:
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, whats the meaning of life? :lol:

type slow, I'm taking notes
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Pep

OK...man was born to create....and when his time is done on earth, he is transported to a place where they evaluate your achievements....His legacy has to be enjoyed and admired for future generations. Now I can't paint like Van Gough or DaVinchi...I can't sing like Pavarotti....so the next best thing I can do is create a bloody car that's taken most of my life to finish! Hopefully they'll take pitty on me and throw me a few virgins as a reward. :D  :D ..I live in hope
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

I think I'm in then, as long as creating havoc counts. :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "Pep"OK...man was born to create.... Hopefully they'll take pitty on me and throw me a few virgins as a reward. :D  :D ..I live in hope
Well said Pep.  That's as good as any "meaning of life" I've ever heard. :D
George