Get anything done this weekend?

Started by phat46, January 09, 2005, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Pep"OK...man was born to create.... Hopefully they'll take pitty on me and throw me a few virgins as a reward. :D  :D ..I live in hope
Well said Pep.  That's as good as any "meaning of life" I've ever heard. :D

Going by my Luck George, when they direct me to the Virgin pick up queue, I'll stuff it up and get on the wrong one and come back with a poof :shock:
See Ya
Pep

nzsimon

Meaning of life is ....

Grandfather die
Father die
Son die

But it must be in THAT order
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

btrc

Back to the original topic, We made a run down to Ashland Kentucky (1100 miles) and picked up a car.  Being from SD where we haven't had much rain for several years we couldn't believe all the water and flooding around Ohio and Kentucky.  What water we do have is pretty stiff this time of year.  I feel badly for Joe and was thinking of him when I saw the water.  
Oh, the car is a '63-1/2 Mercury Comet 2dr hardtop.  The same thing as my first car but in way better shape and this is 35 years later.

bob
Bob

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Nope.  Too cold and my left thumb is hamburger.
What happened to your thumb Steve?

Quote from: "btrc"Back to the original topic, We made a run down to Ashland Kentucky (1100 miles) and picked up a car.  ... the car is a '63-1/2 Mercury Comet 2dr hardtop.  The same thing as my first car but in way better shape and this is 35 years later.
bob
Those Comets were cool.  A friend had a '64 Comet Cyclone that we used to have lots of fun in.  It's funny how so many of us want to get cars like the ones we had in high school.  Got any pictures?

Quote from: "btrc"....we couldn't believe all the water and flooding around Ohio and Kentucky.   I feel badly for Joe and was thinking of him when I saw the water.  
bob
I was thinking of Joe too.  The news said the flood in his town is as bad as the one last September but it looks like the river has stopped rising.  http://www.mariettatimes.com/news/news.asp Temps are supposed to get down into the single digits this weekend.  Life will be tough there without gas or electricity. :(
George

Bib_Overalls

What happened to your thumb Steve?  :(

I was out in the shop a week ago Sunday fabricating a storage cradle for my Olds 215 project.  Thought I was pretty smart.  I found an old "Body By Jake" home gym/exercise machine in the trash at my Aunt's aparment complex and salvaged it for the steel tubing.  After looking at it for a while I visulized the cradle and started whacking away with my SawzAll.  You know what they say about a dull blade being more dangerious than a sharp one.  Well I was finishing up for the day.  The last cut.  And the blade was balking.  So I adjusted my grip to get more force on the cut and in the process stuck my left thumb in the part that goes bzzzzzzzzzzz.  Hurt like hell for a couple of minutes.  Lots of blood.  Spent three hours at the emergency room waiting to see the doctor.  Deep lascerations almost all the way around.  Nothing to sew up.  Seems to be healing OK but it is going to take several weeks.  Will most likely loose my thumb nail.  And I will have some good scars to show of at the coffee shop.  

On the short list of dumb things I have done in my life this ranks right up there under joining the Army.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

alchevy

Fired up the '40 Sedan and went over to Jackson, MS to a statewide planning meeting of car clubs. Around 80 folks were there from 25 clubs. Lots of shows to go to this year in the Southeast. I will be posting a list of those shows soon on a couple of websites. Some months are busier than others...April has about 5 things to do each weekend. Left the meeting and went by for a quick look at a racing vehicle extravaganza that was on the fairgrounds.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"
What happened to your thumb Steve?  :(

I was out in the shop a week ago ..... whacking away with my SawzAll.  ........stuck my left thumb in the part that goes bzzzzzzzzzzz.  
Another retiree (Frank?) picked up some hot steel and burnt himself....you stick your thumb in a sawzall......Hmmmm, retirement sounds like fun :roll:
George

enjenjo

It is, because we can just set around and heal without feeling guilty :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"It is, because we can just set around and heal without feeling guilty :lol:

I try to keep from bleeding on the tools as I have found that it causes them to rust.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kroozn

I got the patch panels welded in the '32 hiboy sedan drivers door.  The door's lower bottom and outside were just flat gone! I made some inner patch panels for the inner door uprights. Some lower quarter panel patches are next. Then finish up the wheel wells...... it now has roadster wheel wells with the beauty marks instead of plain jane sedan ones.
For a Calif-Nev car it sure was rusty. I don't think the fact it burnt helped much.
Unless something comes up next weekend .... I will put the radiator, grille shell and hood on and see how everything fits. At least it will look like a car for the first time!
Sorta! :lol:

enjenjo

QuoteFor a Calif-Nev car it sure was rusty

Makes you think you're back in Illinois doesn't it. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kroozn

With the crummy weather we have been having I might as well be back there!
The 32 was a Flintstone's car for sure!
It is the only 32 I could afford to buy
You don't get much 1932 Ford for $1500 these days!

DRD57

Quote from: "kroozn"With the crummy weather we have been having I might as well be back there!
The 32 was a Flintstone's car for sure!
It is the only 32 I could afford to buy
You don't get much 1932 Ford for $1500 these days!

I thought you sold that heap to Gary C.

kroozn

We agreed on a price but I haven't gotten any money yet.
The bodywork has to be done if he gets it or not.
It is part of the deal ........ if it flys!!
:lol:  :lol:

TKD_Master38

Hey Whoa!  I spent 25 years in the Army and still have both thumbs intact.   :P

I do have some other lacertations, perforations etc. mostly due to self inflicted desires to jump out of airplanes, etc.  A couple also due to the marksmanship of some little brown guys.

I have found that career military people have a love of machinery and/or a desire to mess with things to improve or personalize them.

Check out the latest editorial in Hop Up magazine.  He expresses that attitude and philosophy quite well.

Hope your thumb heals fast.

Bruce