Frank Kocinski's English Wheel Instructions

Started by Jim in Texas, January 09, 2005, 01:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim in Texas

First of all, thanks for the "how to" on the English Wheel -- it appears easy enough that even I can build it!

I have one question, though -- it was stated "the bottom bearing should have a flat about .075 wide sanded in the center, and blended into the radius. Not totally necessary, but it makes the wheel more effective".

How do I sand the bottom bearing  and blend the radius where it's the same on both sides?

This is my first post -- glad I found this site!

Thanks!

Jim

OlBuzzard

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but where in Texas?

Jim in Texas

I'm in Waco.

Frank emailed me on how to sand the bearing, now I just need to do it!

Jim

enjenjo

I did the flat on a belt sander, and finished it with a disc mounted in a die grinder, while it was mounted on a shaft so it could spin free.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jim in Texas

That's also what Frank told me to do, so now I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jim in Texas

I'm working on several things; first of all a '63 Ford Econoline Pickup with a 454 in the bed, a '62 Falcon with a 460 C-6 and a '62 Falcon Ranchero with an Alston tube chassis which will have a 460 C-6.

Also have a '57 T-Bird which is completely apart for restoration and an '81 Delorean with 10K actual miles that's covered up in the garage.

My new year's resolution is to finish one of them; which will probably be the Econoline. Motor/trans is out - motor's done, trans is next. Then I have to get the body work done. All this for a truck that was running & looked decent when I got it home!

OldSub

Quote from: "Jim in Texas"That's also what Frank told me to do, so now I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Jim, Enjenjo is Frank.

It was finding some of Frank's other work elsewhere on the web that lead me to the RRT too.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

enjenjo

QuoteIt was finding some of Frank's other work elsewhere on the web that lead me to the RRT too

And I apologised for that, didn't I? :lol:

Jim in Texas

I'd been looking to information on how to build an English wheel for some time, most of the plans were above my limited capabilities -- this one wasn't.

I truly appreciate the "how to".

I'm an old street rodder that somehow got off track into Pro Street cars, and planned to build some scoops -- wanted them out of metal instead of fiberglass, we'll see if I can do it.

Here's a shot of the Ranchero -- it needs a lot of work!

Jim

purplepickup

Welcome! :D  You've got some nice and unusual rides.....I like unusual. :lol:
George

Jim in Texas

Thanks!

I am retired Army and have some time to piddle these days;

here's are shots of my '62 Falcon.

BTTW, I will be thinning the herd this spring.

Jim

enjenjo

Jim in Texas

TKD_Master38

Welcome to the group from another Newbie.  I am also retired Army.  Retired from Special Forces as a Major in 1981.

I like your Econoline pickup, Back in the corner of my garage is a dodge A 400.  It is somehere around number 10 on my priority list.  :-)

Like you, I am thinning the herd, down to about 40 -50 vehicles right now. :P

Bruce