2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

In conclusion:  :roll:

A regulator had been installed on my drop by the time I got to work today, set to 90 working PSI.  :-o

I "bless your heart" -ed the guy who installed it.

I then used a found Flexzilla hose end repair on my newest black hose with brass ends that failed. It is of a bulky aluminum construction.

I feel much safer.

Everything works more like it should.  :)  For now. At ease.
Matt

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Here's a link to pics from the Colorado Rock and Rumble.
{https://youtu.be/JrMnqOjQVng}
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I just returned from the Frog Follies.  Great show with many old and new friends.  For the last few years we have a toast about 2 pm on Saturday at events that my brother and I attend.  He has done it for the last couple of years and I need to get more involved.  Anyway he buys some good stuff and we poor a shot to all who want to participate.  We toast to all our friends who are no longer with us.  A tradition.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

That's a fitting end for many people who have entered our life's, John. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I made a little road trip today in the 48. It's getting close to 4,000 miles. I went to Amarillo (190 miles one way) to test drive a new Miata. They had a 23 with 5000 miles on it but it appeared to be sold as I drove in the drive. After driving the car, we go back inside and I ask for the price because on the dealer's website it lists msrp plus $150 doc. fee plus addons???? Turns out the addons are 4 grand of crap. I sure won't be buying anything from that dealership. The salesman said they add that to any vehicle 2018 and newer. I'm amazed they are in business. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Bill, sounds like bait and switch, only bait and add.  Geez.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on August 31, 2024, 07:31:13 PMI made a little road trip today in the 48. It's getting close to 4,000 miles. I went to Amarillo (190 miles one way) to test drive a new Miata. They had a 23 with 5000 miles on it but it appeared to be sold as I drove in the drive. After driving the car, we go back inside and I ask for the price because on the dealer's website it lists msrp plus $150 doc. fee plus addons???? Turns out the addons are 4 grand of crap. I sure won't be buying anything from that dealership. The salesman said they add that to any vehicle 2018 and newer. I'm amazed they are in business. :)

You guys may or may not remember when nitrogen in tires was a big magic deal at new car dealers 20 yrs ago?  An add-on to the window sticker of 400 to 900 $$ for "Lifetime nitrogen in the tires"  LOL

I was at a chevy dealer with my problematic 2006 Silverado for warranty work again.  They had new vehicles near the service bay for customers to look at while waiting.

I noticed an add-on for nitrogen on the window sticker  as a sales gal walks up to me and made the mistake to start a conversation with me.  :twisted:  I  mention the hundreds of dollars for life time nitrogen in tires.  She starts the blah blah sales pitch.  I tell her that 78% nitrogen air has worked for decades for me.  I had to explain to her what I meant.. That regular air has 78% nitrogen.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Wow, $4K of add ons! Not a chance I'd buy a car that way.

jaybee

I always felt the same way about nitrogen in tires. It was one of those pseudoscience things. Race cars run nitrogen in their tires so it has to be good for your street car. Except the reasons why race cars run nitrogen don't apply to street cars. So they made up a reason...that nitrogen is microscopically bigger than oxygen, so it won't leak out as fast.

OK, let's roll with it. The 22% of the air in your tires that isn't nitrogen leaks out, so you replace it with more air that's 78% nitrogen. Then 22% of THAT leaks out and you replace it with more air that's 78% nitrogen. I know you see where that's heading. If the sales pitch were true, it wouldn't be long before you'd have virtually 100% nitrogen in your tires just by filling it with air.

58 Yeoman

Yeah, Costco puts nitrogen in tires when they install new ones, and they also have a nitrogen station in the parking lot to 'air' up your tires if they're low.  Free of charge, of course.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

The 71 GMC job has been handed off to the next guy. The 73 Ford job is in final urethane primer now. Right door and fender (originals) required some fill fudge to match up body line at gap. Boss told me my next task is to resume the 75 Bronco job (bottom of pic). That one was paused once it was screwed together with new metal. My all-knowing coworker tells me no, it is the basket case Bronco (top of pic).
Matt

idrivejunk

Oh... the personal heap junk I actually came to report:

DD GTP threw a P0341 last week (cam sensor DTC) so I replaced the ignition coils with a new set of three from one box for a hun in Walker brand, from O'R. Beats buying them seperately by a long shot and if theres a dud something can be done about it.

I still prefer to picture tall and dangerous pink skinned jungle archery enthusiasts when I hear Amazon.

Car runs great now though. 323K and not even breathing hard yet. She's a marathon runner. The purple sanity preservation device is still operative as well. Weather is lovely. Enjoy labor day. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

...aaand as we've all come to expect of me...

Sunshine means storms ahead. I now have GTP torque converter oscillation. Deep inhale, barely exhale. Trans job will be 4K+ now I bet.
Matt

WZ JUNK

Over 30 years ago, when I built the old truck, I did not chop the molding that surrounds the door window openings and covers the pinch weld.  For years I did not have a way to weld the very thin metal of this piece of trim.  Today I cut and welded those pieces and I just finished dusting them with some of Krylons best flat black.  Who knows, I may actually get the truck someday. In the mean time, I will continue to drive it as is.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH