2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

"As most of us here (?)  Know getting old aint for sissies."  Yeah, Tony, I think most of us are getting that.

I took today off, after cleaning up more downed trees yesterday.  That just added more aches and pains to ones I already had.  Wife got a few extra aches and pains too from clearing/burning limbs/brush.

Killed a couple more mice in the shop with the bucket trap, and found where I think they're coming in. A small spot under one overhead door where the weatherstrip didn't reach the end.  I filled it with steel wool for now and will see if that slows down the kills.

Speaking of non-auto related repairs, my wife has a plastic legal size file box and the 'locking' handle kind of broke. It works on the principle of a piece of plastic bends to allow the handle to fold to lock the lid in place.  I tried some really small hinges, but not enough give.  So I glued two small tire patches to see if they will stick in place and work.  I'll let it set overnight and check it out tomorrow.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Got the last of the cable hung for the lathe and welder . Electrician is very ill . he hopes to come on the weekend . I told him to take it easy im not in that big of a rush.

WZ JUNK

I just returned from a trip to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.  Great time and lots of sites to see. The weather and the temperatures were really nice.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

More repairs on the RV...  Cabinet bottom shelf dropped down.. The mount brace was on top of the shelf base, not under it. Bouncing down the roads the shelf dropped as the staples pulled loose.

In the hi-lited yellow lines... The shelf has pulled away from the brace - mount.  WHy the RV builder did it that way?  Who knows.

I moved that mount base to under the shelf and added a white wood  brace in the middle, under each shelf. Much better , I think?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Spent the day at the drag strip with Hooley and some other friends.  I helped him with the "Okie Twister" and I arranged it so that I could pair up with him in the time trials.  I left on the first yellow and red lighted of course. The end result was I paid $45 for him to humiliate me.  I just wanted to hear him go by me and I wanted to be behind him when he shut down at speed.  A great day.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

Here's a link to some pics from the Scott City car show {https://youtu.be/cwNTqRZT3KM}
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Received a package of 4 items from AMazon , delivered by UPS.. On time , delivered well.

THe package was not from an Amazon facility tho. It was poorly boxed. The ship label had been on a different box, cut off and then installed on this box with cardboard remnants of the former box it was stuck to.

Each item was loose in the box, no packing.  Weird  Oh well.  My stuff is here.

8)
Tony

jaybee

Tony, I had an experience that was not so dissimilar recently. I purchased 3 cans of R134A from a place that had decent ratings. They arrives in a shabby box, without the correct markings for shipment of compressed gases. The box was much bigger than the cans and they were loose inside, no packing material at all. It was immediately obvious the cans were different weights, coming in at 15oz, 12oz, and...8oz!

First, I messaged the vendor to see if they'd make it right. My message was removed. Then I gave them a poor rating on Amazon. That was also removed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Everything that I have ordered from Amazon direct has had poor packaging. My wife is a regular customer and I can see the same in her purchases. The UPS and Fedex driver's have rural deliveries in my world so blowing the dirt off the boxes is part of my job. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I have very good service from Amazon.  Most things arrive double boxed and packed so that the item shipped is protected.  In fact I often wonder why they over protect the item so much that it is difficult to unpack.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: jaybee on August 20, 2024, 08:18:45 PMTony, I had an experience that was not so dissimilar recently. I purchased 3 cans of R134A from a place that had decent ratings. They arrives in a shabby box, without the correct markings for shipment of compressed gases. The box was much bigger than the cans and they were loose inside, no packing material at all. It was immediately obvious the cans were different weights, coming in at 15oz, 12oz, and...8oz!

First, I messaged the vendor to see if they'd make it right. My message was removed. Then I gave them a poor rating on Amazon. That was also removed.

Interesting... I wrote a review 2 plus yrs ago on a folding camp table I use for my griddle. I mentioned a few things to watch for. Pinch points for fingers as you open or close the table. I used zip ties on a few things so the table would not close up accidentally. I gave the table good marks with my warnings.

Amazon removed my review, I was put on  probation for review posting. I asked for a reason why my review caused this.  I received a BS response that I was sure an A I response , Not a human .

A year later I started to post reviews again. I use words like: Great, thanks, wonderful... If I post a  negative review. Like: " Great low quality, thanks! "  Amazon has not responded to any of them.  I commented about "Great Low quality packaging... Awesome slow delivery"... Amazon told me to Not comment on packing or delivery problems . LOL

8)
Tony

idrivejunk

I blocked out the Mustang. Then blocked out the resultant spot primed areas. Still working at the hood and haven't done jambs or bay yet. Theres still no suspension or powertrain but the body will get final primer soon.

GMC job was handed off to another tech to finish cab mud. The rest is new metal.

I heard the A run. On four holes.

I hear tell that at some point in the near future the Bronco body with almost all new metal that I screwed together a year or two ago will resume.

Nothing of interest to show or tell. Nothing makes sense. Nothing to look forward to, or to fondly remember.

One of the new Cooper Cobras I bought in April has dry rot cracked all the way around the bead.

Wondering if offering a grand to take the 72 GP outta my yard would get any action. Weather has been dry enough that theres a sporting chance at unearthing it.
Matt

idrivejunk

... and ANOTHER new hose end just flew off while blowing bondo dust off the Mustang hood.

I am at my wit's end. Why am I having this problem? The scars and dents must stop but theres no way around air hoses except career change.
Matt

idrivejunk

Here is a pic of somebody's Belvedere GTX engine to atone for my tone.

New Mustang hood required bondo from the scoops back. So far.
Matt

idrivejunk

There is 175 PSI at all the shop's hose ends. No regulator anywhere. Could this be why? The others have no problems. For 13.5 years I didn't either. But in the last couple months three new hoses' ends have failed. I am now gun shy and cringe a lot around air hoses because I am scared I'll be hurt. Perfect. Time to throw in the towel I reckon.
Matt