48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

The O&S exercise program was in effect today. Almost all of the cab is blocked with 220. Tomorrow I will do 400 and mask. :) It was 78 degrees today. I wish I had been ready for paint. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Here's a few pics and a walk around video for all who are really bored. LOL. {https://youtu.be/6i3UHjSzvSM}
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

You tried hard and did good!  :)
Matt

jaybee

Really nice! The weather is being kind to you, too.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

34ford

416Ford

Looking good KB. Thumbs up.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

The weather god smiled again today. The insect man sent gnats my way, though. Unless there is something bad happen, the O&S paint shop is closed on this project. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

kb426

O&S had some goals today. They were met, just a few hours longer than planned. It would be fair to say that everything fought me. LOL. My wonderful wife provided assistance in installing the rear window. If anybody knows how to put one in by their selves, I'd like to hear about it. :) The wipers are installed and tested. The windshield and garnish molding is in. The rear window is in. The chassis has been moved back in to the shop.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

No 'flake :'(  :( at least blue is my favorite color  :wink:

kb426

O&S is back in low gear. The radiator, condenser and cooling fan are bolted back on, mostly to have less parts laying around. :) My plan was to get fuel and brake lines done today. The fuel lines are run. That is 5/16" nicop line and efi hose for flex purposes. Under the bed is a flare union on the pressure side and efi hose to make assembly easier when the cab is on and it's time to install the bed. The pressure line needs a clamp at the end of the fuel tank down stream from the filter. Lot of hours, not much accomplished.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S started off in a common method. I redid part of yesterday. :) I redid the fuel lines at the rear. Then I moved on to the brake lines. They are run to where the lines run up to the master cylinder. I started on the battery mount but wanted to think about what I was doing before making a part and having another better idea. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S is moving forward. :) I finished up the battery mount this morning. There is a clearance reason for the top plate being angled. :) I installed simple muffler hangers. The cab is on and bolted down for what should be the last time. The bed sides and front are bolted on and the assembly is bolted to the chassis. That was a pretty good day. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S installed more parts today. The perimeter of the bed is together. All lights on the rear are installed. I purchased another stick on 3rd brake light for the rear window. The headlights and turn signals are bolted on. The lower cab front filler panels are on. I discovered that the wipers are for a different size knurl. That's one of very few parts that have been incorrect on this project. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Looking good there, Bill, but where's the stick on brake light?  I'm looking for ideas for the Corvair when I get it back on the road.

I'm hoping to get the Vair primered this coming week.  When can you come and paint it?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil