2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: Cword on September 30, 2021, 11:46:02 AM
Today is "Orange Shirt Day" in Canada, a day of remembrance, acknowledgement, and commitment to reconciliation for wrongs done to Indigenous peoples of this country. What makes me post though is humorous, I look around and the impression that comes to mind is Hooley Huffman's pit at Bonneville. in fact I'm wearing a "Just Glad To Be Here" shirt as I type this.

I wear the orange myself from time to time.  It was good times :). The story behind the original orange shirt is that the T shirt supplier had a large number of orange shirts because that is the school color of Oklahoma State University. OSU. 
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I wear mine a lot too. I was proud to be part of that record. The chute mount that I cobbled together with a jack handle and the next door pit crew's welder is hanging in my shop. I also have the chute pack on the shelf right behind me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Finished a painting yesterday. An old Dodge in the weeds up by our deer camp in the U. P.

58 Yeoman

That's cool. Did you paint it from memory or did you take a pic? The plants are very detailed.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on October 01, 2021, 07:40:56 AM
That's cool. Did you paint it from memory or did you take a pic? The plants are very detailed.

Painted from reference photos I took up there a couple weeks ago. Foliage is a weak point for me so I decided to work on this till it looked ok. There is about twice as much time on the foliage as there is on the car. 😀

348tripower

I have been busy packing the wagon and checking it's vitals. I'm off to cruising the coast in Mississippi at 7:00 am tomorrow morning. Yeee haaa! :)
Don Colliau

idrivejunk

Wave to the green Bronco for me, Don.  8)

The foliage in that painting is outstanding. Another really good work of art! :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We made some purchases at the local Costco store. There were no limits placed on any products that we saw.  Wife did notice the toilet paper rolls are now 65 sheets less in size.  Plan ahead there if needed.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Going in to work tonight to fix a lathe . I have 11 lathes with 31 kids in one class . I cannot afford to be without a lathe !

enjenjo

In the machine shop at my school the more advanced students spent time repairing machines so by the end of the course the machines were ready for the next class. I know some of the students were really hard on the machines.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Well the weather has started to cool down and the cars are moved around in the pole barn for some major work this winter. Waiting on a part for Vickie's truck so we stripped the bed off of it and we started removing badges and trim. We are going to do a paint job to get rid of the ugly two tone. Vickie has been a big help on blasting the small parts and will help with the sanding and prep work. 

Because I need more then 5 project to keep my mind going at all times, I ordered new quarters last month for the Handyman and Sunday I cut off the ugly re-pop parts. This does  make it easier to weld the back side of the patches that I put in also. I plan on wrapping up the patches and mini tub then hanging the new panel before moving on to the other side.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

chimp koose

Enjenjo . My lathes were new in 1967 . I have been very fortunate to have had very little damage to my equipment over the years . Ends up this machine only lost a shear pin so no big deal .  If you dont bust a shear pin now and then you are probably not working the lathe hard enough . My shear pins for the bull gear are brass to make sure they let go first . I try to show the kids how to rough cut efficiently . When I first took over this shop I found out from the kids that they were only allowed to take .025" per pass by the previous instructors . That changed . I teach them how to rough cut with tool angles and feed rates to get productivity and good chip control . I also do not give them a step by step guide on how to complete a project . This makes things more work for me but it forces the kids to THINK and plan their work . I dont want robots , I want them to plan and observe . Many kids enjoy the challenge and feel a greater sense of accomplishment upon completion of a project as they didnt just walk through the steps but had to figure things out. I will do assembly line style work stations for younger kids like my Gr 7 classes when I get them but my learning outcomes are different there . 

kb426

Yesterday was an interesting day culminating with a deal in the evening. This will be the last pic you will see of the 51 with me as an owner. Yesterday evening a woman drove off with her new purchase with a big smile. For the 1st time since 2008, I don't have a drivable hot rod. :) I changed the oil and gave it a bath. We did a walk around with me explaining everything in the dark and she and her son drove off. That was the 1st time I had seen the truck move. :)
TEAM SMART