2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Went to the the Northern NATS today. Perused the swap meet, and some time catching up with old friends, and making new ones. Josh went with me and we both had a good time.

The swap meet was pretty small, josh and I went through the whole thing in about two hours. There were only about six inside vendors, and two outside. Plenty of cars though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: enjenjo on September 11, 2021, 07:30:30 PM
Went to the the Northern NATS today. Perused the swap meet, and some time catching up with old friends, and making new ones. Josh went with me and we both had a good time.

The swap meet was pretty small, josh and I went through the whole thing in about two hours. There were only about six inside vendors, and two outside. Plenty of cars though.

Lol, I went to a local dragstrip today to watch some grudge racing. ( Jake Blain and brother Josh, from Street Outlaws had a car there) and I was wearing my Northern
Nats shirt from 2017. Frank why do you think there's such a drastic drop in vendors?

enjenjo

I heard rumors NSRA raised the booth rate. No idea if it's true or not. No one showed me a contract.

What was it like at Louisville?

58 Yeoman

Just checking to see if we can post regular size images.

EDIT: Image didn't show in the preview.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

A local guy here that produces a Nostalgia event just announced the event has been cancelled for 2021...  and he may not produce any more events.  He commented on how wonderful the Tribe at Wild Horse Pass has been to work with.

That sounds like BS to me.  The tribe has cancelled or taken away event dates in the past on this guy. I heard thru friends the tribe jumped the fees up 50 - 60% over night 2+ years ago.

I think it has gotten to expensive for the guy to produce the event with limited  crowd numbers at Wild Horse Pass.  Out here it is like small nostalgia drag race events died with the closure of Speed World drag strip years ago.

Same thing has happened to motorcycle events. An event geared directly for Honda Goldwings has suffered reduced vendor numbers in recent years. The vendors all say the same thing:  too expensive to setup for the event.  Every body expects event discounts too. So the fees go up for the vendors and gate fees went up too.  People stopped attending. 

You add in the pandemic requirements or cancellations .. it is a mess.  I wonder where we will end upp out the door here in a few years?

In Tucson the Duct Tape drag race is in early October..  WIth the increase in new Covid numbers , I asked David  Freiberger online if he had heard about any mask requirements in the Pima County property again? His response was : I hope not
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on September 12, 2021, 07:47:02 AM
Just checking to see if we can post regular size images.

EDIT: Image didn't show in the preview.

It shows up fine for me on my end. But there is a problem with images, some people see none, some are  seeing post software change images but not those from the old software. It is being worked on but you will have to be patient. Some of these problems we just became aware of yesterday.

If you are having a problem, let us know on Fatcat's sticky post. If you can't post, or send a PM, call me at 419. twoseventy sixteen 18.

58 Yeoman

No real problem Frank, was just checking that since the site got new software, what would happen. So much easier than before. Thanks.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

All Grand Prix for me today. Did a trace-n'-scribble drill-

Matt

kb426

Yesterday at the Hooker car show, I noticed a group from Dalhart Tx. Mostly chevy 60's or early 70's cars/ All had a Fitech on them. That used to be a rarity to see. Not so much, now. There were 156 cars. That's on the low end for that show. The spectator count was down but that could have had something to do with the 105 degree temp at 3 pm. :) There weren't any cars from way far away this year. Around 250 miles would be about the farthest distance I saw from the name tags.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: idrivejunk on September 12, 2021, 08:55:50 PM
All Grand Prix for me today. Did a trace-n'-scribble drill-

Great rendering.
That would be a good painting with a nice background

idrivejunk

Quote from: phat46 on September 13, 2021, 10:19:04 AM
Great rendering.
That would be a good painting with a nice background

Thanks. Thats what I set out to do when I traced it off the PC monitor, just get an image to transfer to board. Clothes dryer needed a few more minutes before goin cruisin and the ripe line drawing was laying there. Staring up at me. I could not resist shading just a smidge. The lighting makes it a good watercolor candidate but I doubt I can nail the color. Its a good angle for the car. :)
Matt

chimp koose

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on September 13, 2021, 09:22:25 PM
That is a GREAT angle for the car 8)

I sent a few pix to Hot Rod and they printed that one.  8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We move forward on the rehab of the mobile home..  Found a company a few miles away. They sell mobile home parts. We walked in.  I told the guy what we needed for a shower pan & wall kit as we looked at their floor displays. I expected to order the parts and wait for 3 - 7 weeks. The sales rep looks at me  and says: We have that all in stock..... the money just keeps flyin out the door.  LOL

Kitchen cabinets will deliver wednesday morning.. We were given specific instructions on having an area ready for the boxes and parts. The drivers are very busy and can not be held up with delays or moving stuff around for us.  :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Had another of those road experiences today like I sometimes tell about. Another beligerent Ford. This one was the most violent yet. They were going to ram me in reverse but barely missed or chickened out. The situation on this one road is life threatening, I tell ya. I have no passion for dash cams nor pistols but dadgummit. Standard 2021 operating gear I suppose. Ugh. :roll:  I didn't quit shaking for about half an hour but I smooched the GTP square on the mouth once I got home and apologized for the tire smoke. She's been good to me. :)
Matt