2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Finished this painting this morning. Not sure how many hours in this one, but there are many. This is from a photo I took at a local car show. Acrylic on hardboard, 14" X 19"

enjenjo

You did a nice job on the reflections. And the little people in the right bottom corner.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: enjenjo on September 04, 2021, 10:50:30 PM
You did a nice job on the reflections. And the little people in the right bottom corner.

Yea, I agree with enjenjo on that...  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

+me. Thats a fantastic piece of work! :)
Matt

chimp koose

Amazing work , you just keep getting better 8)

kb426

phat, I don't know what to add other than the attention to detail is really good. I don't care that you copied a pic, it's still very good.  :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I'm gonna try that next time.

Another round of wash daily driver then immediately get it covered in bird crap for me today. :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

:o  I've been wondering: when do  I start to enjoy retirement?  We are very busy, but where is the enjoyment?  ;D

Wife and I got back to the RV last night at 7:40pm. After we ate dinner, visit to Home Depot, we dropped stuff off to the mobile home it was past 7:30pm.  We had been going since just after 6am. I am usually awake at 4am or so.

We had laundry to do. I dropped the wife off at laundry here on site. I run to Jack in the Box for food. Then we were  off to Walmart for groceries & stuff. Then to the mobile by 10am for more work.

We took on this rehab of the mobile home. We knew like most projects it will get out of hand and it did. Oh well.  Another week or so, the cabinets should be delivered. (I hope).

This floor of the mobile is squeeky.. I have been using deck screws to tighten up the wood floor to the underside beams when I can find those beams. Some stuff seems to be on 30 inch centers, other spacing is what ever the H they wanted to do? I follow the line of staples on the plywood... yet I often hit "nothing" under the plywood?

I guess I am just venting a little bit.  Most of my questions are rhetorical , not too serious.  ??? ???
Tony

enjenjo

Do you miss work yet? If not, enjoy!

kb426

Tony, my take on retirement is different from many. I want to accomplish as much as possible everyday from now on. If I'm sitting down, it means I'm too tired to go on. :) Having the remodel completed will mean when winter is here you can find different activities to keep your mind and body going. I think you will get this figured out for you in due time. Your next summer will be entirely different from this one.  ;D Maybe you'll get lost and come to sw Kansas. LOL.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: enjenjo on September 08, 2021, 10:26:09 AM
Do you miss work yet? If not, enjoy!

Actually , I do miss work. The last 8+ months I returned when they needed help.  Were the best.  I worked hard to get stuff done. Yet if I decided to leave at 1pm instead of the usual 4pm quit time, I left.

We got in to the RV early tonite.  It was 6:20pm AZ time when we returned from Lowes and Freddys Steak burger &  Custard place.  My wife loves onion rings at Freddys... guess what they were out of this evening?  Yep., onion rings.
Tony

Fat Cat

Quote from: Crosley on September 08, 2021, 09:44:26 PM
My wife loves onion rings at Freddys... guess what they were out of this evening?  Yep., onion rings.

I know what that's all about. 2 weeks ago I did not feel like fixing dinner for 1 again. So while I was out shopping I stopped into Arby's. I got a roast beef sandwich and a order of cheese sticks. While ordering the cheese sticks I asked for a marinara sauce. They told me they were out. I said Ok. When I got to the window the girl at the window asked me if I wanted any sauce for my sandwich. I asked for Arby's sauce. They were out. I asked for honey mustard. Also out. I then asked what they had, she told me they had horsey sauce. I told her that I did not want any horsey sauce. She looked at me like I grew a second head and asked, so you don't want any sauce? I told her no as they did not have anything I wanted.

Then last Friday on the way up to Ohio to visit the family I stopped into Raisin' Cane's. I wanted deep deep fried chicken tenders. When I walked in the door to a restaurant full of people/ I was greeted and told their fryers were offline and it would be 20 minutes to a hour till they would be serving again. To this moment I am not sure why the place was full of people as they only offer 5 things in the place, fried chicken, french fries, toasted garlic bread, cole slaw and drinks. So they only thing they could make was bread, cole slaw and drinks.

enjenjo

I have been searching for  two weeks trying to find brake drums to fit a 65 Buick Sport Wagon. Today I tried the last possible choice and it didn't fit either. So I decided to turn the drums I have. I went to four stores before I found one with a brake drum lathe. :o

chimp koose

got the roll cage gussets welded in yesterday on the roadster chassis . 6 more tubes and its finished !