George carnut McDowell

Started by t-vicky, August 11, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-vicky

Guess I should tell everyone that George carnut McDowell passed away yesterday 8-10-18  He had cancer real bad with no cure.
He overdosed with pain pills about 3:30 yesterday.

58 Yeoman

Although I didn't know him other than from this site, I'm really sad to hear that. RIP Carnut. You will be missed.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

My last email was thursday afternoon from George. He told me of his diagnosis and prognosis. He mentioned that someone was taking over carnut.com and didn't know what would happen with it. I wrote back and told him how much we appreciated what he had done and how he was considered a good man and valued friend. I didn't know if I would hear from again. T-vicky, I know that you have been long term friends and you have your own difficulties. My sympathies to you and all the family that could read this.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Very sad news indeed.  I have thought about George a lot recently.  He will be missed.

Gods speed.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

34ford

Sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed his post and car show pictures. RIP George.

idrivejunk

This is so sad. He helped me understand the hobby better by passing on some wisdom just recently. George we'll be lookin for you down the road.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

That's very sad news ....And I was saving my 3500th post for something joyous & happy ... :roll:  Well, George is out of his pain & misery ...I guess that can be considered good news ....I never got a chance to thank him for all that he did .....
Godspeed my friend ....Rest in peace.... :(

T-vicky.....My sympathies to you and all your mutual friends & families ..... :(

Bob..... :cry:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I am sad to hear this. It's hard for a friend to go that way, but at least he went on his terms, I can't fault any one for doing that. He will never know the impact he has had on the world.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to hear this.  George went out his way.  So sad.  I know we all have experienced cancer thru family or friends. Cancer sucks.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Don Colliau

chris spokes

So sad REST IN PEACE GEORGE  :(
he who has the most toys wins

57larry