What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

Tony have you seen the youtube videos that show guys catching gophers with a jug of water?

BFS57

Hello;
I like driving my 89 Ranger King Cab! It always starts, runs good and is an all around beater!
My 57 Chevy and 32 Ford are just not being used as much these days, want to replace the radiator in the Chevy but this longer than normal recovery is messing with me!! I'll get back to normal pretty soon!!

Bruce

BFS57

Hello;
OK I just have to reply about the gophers!!!!!
I use one of those green traps! So far 3 have fallen prey!! The first two were monsters, made tunnels big enough to stick my arm in.
So what do I do. I just open up the tunnel, place the trap as far inside as possible, (no bait needed) and just leave the hole open. Gophers hate it when their hole is open, they come to bury the tunnel and WA-LA another gopher stabbed with sharp spikes from the trap! Got one under my apple tree, and one under my Persimmon tree and one from the new landscape outside. Bastard ate all the new Dear-Proof plants I put in as well as Roses my wife wanted outside. Deer just love roses on top, gophers love them on the bottom end! Cant Win with those!!!

Bruce

kb426

I washed my neglected Dakota this afternoon. I didn't use to let it go. :) I cleaned my welder this afternoon. That's the 1st time I've had the cover off since purchasing it. It was dirty but it has been used quite a bit. I do keep it covered when not using it. It does reside in a hostile environment. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "50 F1"Tony have you seen the youtube videos that show guys catching gophers with a jug of water?

Tell us more...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "50 F1"Tony have you seen the youtube videos that show guys catching gophers with a jug of water?

Yes, I have.  The pocket gophers I deal with, do not dig trenches into the open yard areas. if they do, easy to catch them with a water hose and shovel.

back in the 1960's , we used hoses attached to car exhaust pipe. Little bit of trans fluid in the carb for smoke as a tracer where the tunnels were connected.  Shovels were used then too. You create little sail gophers with the shovel, that is the method I was taught
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Today I stuck new billet hinges on the red 68 Mustang job and set the hood to fender gaps again. They are 1/4" + or - a sixteenth and can be fairly flush with many shims. Tomorrow I'll go about shaving the big flange on the firewall where the stock tower brace used to connect.
Matt

416Ford

Started the distributor replacement project. Removing the GM HEI monster and installing a Mallory coil and electronics distributor.
First order of business was to make up a coil mount and hide it out of sight. This is a hidden fire wall mount under the dash, no holes in the engine compartment this way.
Bracket is made, test fitted and painted.
I will replace the red windlace with a piece of black when I install it. I hope to install it and wire it up next time I get into the garage.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Uh oh. Had a visit from the 68 Mustang owner. Show car, fender shims not an option. Front structure work done poorly after the M2 swap and aprons sag.  Never fear, the punishment receptacle is here. What a can of worms!
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Gee Dave ...looks pretty busy under there ...What's wrong with the good old stock stuff  :?:  If it goes bad, you stop at NAPA & get another .... :idea:  Anytime..Anyplace..Anyhow .... :idea:  You had to remove the glovebox to fix that ??

Oh ...DON'T mess with the plug wires ...I saw a guy get all messed up doing that ....Pulled his hair out he did.. :P

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I made an attachment for my pressure washer wand a long time ago.  It is used to wash the bottom of vehicles and remove oil, grease, mud, and other crud.  As I age, I prefer to work on clean stuff.  Today I adapted it further and added wheels.  Someone probably manufactures these but I have not seen them.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Dave ...looks pretty busy under there ...What's wrong with the good old stock stuff  :?:  If it goes bad, you stop at NAPA & get another .... :idea:  Anytime..Anyplace..Anyhow .... :idea:  You had to remove the glovebox to fix that ??

Oh ...DON'T mess with the plug wires ...I saw a guy get all messed up doing that ....Pulled his hair out he did.. :P

Bob... :wink:

I resemble that remark.  :)
Engine was in a 77 and came with big box mounted on the fender. I installed the GM style dist and hate. To big and it interferes with the air cleaner.
I can get to it without removing anything. The voltage regulator has always been under there.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Since there has been nowhere near enough Mustang discussion here of late, heres some  :lol: These are the cool looking LeMans valve covers and I think that was a 2V 390 to start.

This is what I made to leverage the saggy middled overlapped aprons up on their outer edge-

There was no foldover nut holes in the new panels, so my double dip cone solution was to make this 16 ga nut strip which sandwiches from below the row of fender top bolts and helps to support the ex tower area so the fender don't squirm and to help level the hood gap with no shims anywhere. It kinda helps but this is a used hood and the side edges are not perfect for tight gaps. It will be shown with hood up and the owner prioritizes door gaps foremost.

Time warp! Psyche. Its yet another red Mustang :!:  :D  A shiny convertible with steel hood sticking up a little in back. Not related just everything comes in pairs it seems.

As a pallate cleanser, I offer a golden goat update shot. :arrow:

Matt

GPster

The one early Mustang that I've seen with a 390 in it had a factory tubing brace over the top of the engine from inner fender to inner fender ( coil spring, shock towers ) to help the front end from "giving" due to the extra weight. Is this Mustang ditting on a after-market front suspension so that it could have smooth inner fenders? GPster

Ohio Blue Tip

I see what's wrong Dave, it should be a Chevy under there!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken