What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Tony, what kind of traps are you using?  I use this style, and it seems to work the best for me. I've picked these up at garage sales for 4 or 5 dollars each. I've got six now.

https://tinyurl.com/y9wuwjmn
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tony, what kind of traps are you using?  I use this style, and it seems to work the best for me. I've picked these up at garage sales for 4 or 5 dollars each. I've got six now.

https://tinyurl.com/y9wuwjmn

Trap I use is called Cinch trap.

This one is best to install into the tunnel hole, under ground slightly.  Usually I have to dig down & back a litle bit to get to the open tunnel in the ground.

I leave the trap dirty , muddy since I have read the gophers sense of smell is very good.

I then cover the hole with a flat piece of wood.  Dirt on top of the wood.

If I do not dig down a little bit, the gopher just pushes dirt out the tunnel and buries the trap.

This recent gopher was living under the neighbors concrete driveway to his house that runs along the property line at my yard. Tough bugger to get at.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Painted my winter wheels today with Rustoleum Farm & Implement paint with hardner. Cheap and I like the results. We'll see how long it lasts.
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Painted my winter wheels today with Rustoleum Farm & Implement paint with hardner. Cheap and I like the results. We'll see how long it lasts.

George you look like the Canadians driving around here. I had to ask a Canadian friend a few years ago why most of their cars coming over the border had black steel wheels on them. He looked at me like I was kidding him, and said that they had their Winter tires on them. Some tire stores over there even offer to store your Summer tires for you in the Winter....😀

kb426

George, I'm curious about your results also. You northeners have stories to tell that are way out of my exp. Tony, I'm sympathetic for the gophers. Around here they shoot them with .17 caliber rifles. I realize you can't do that in your neighborhood. :)
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Wife and I came down with that same sort of crud back in August, put her in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia.  We're still feeling the after effects - take real good care of yourselves so's it doesn't get you down like that.

Other notes on a couple of things:  I don't know how well Aloe Vera plants do in the midwest or colder climes, but if you can grow it, it's a handy plant to keep around for home remedy type stuff.  I burned my right hand real bad in an arc flash one time; the middle two fingers looked like a couple of hot dogs that had been left on the grill way too long - black, split skin, blisters, just plain icky.  I probably should have gone to a medical professional for treatment, but that would have involved workers comp, OSHA, and more grief than I wanted at that point.  I called my Bride and told her what happened, asked her to cut a couple of leaves off the Aloe plant, wash them and put them in the fridge.  We split the leaves open and wrapped pieces of them around my fingers and hand for a few days, and the healing was almost miraculous; I have full use and movement, no scarring that you can see without really close examination, and my hair even grew back on my knuckles and the back of my hand.  I have used Aloe Vera on other bangs and scrapes with exceptional results, as well.

Our barbecue grill is converted to natural gas, used a kit available from the manufacturer, but orifices are probably available from a good plumbing supply, and that is all the conversion entails besides the NG plumbing and some adjustments to the air shutter on the burner to get the right flame pattern and color - much preferable to propane in my estimation, and no tank changing, and I think it cooks better.  Besides that, propane and cold weather don't get along very well.; NG doesn't seem to be affected by the cold.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

sirstude

Can I just ask everyone a huge favor? Those of you who are planning to put Christmas lights outside your property's, please can you avoid anything blue and flashing? Every time I drive past, I think it's the police and have a mild panic attack. I have to remove my foot from the accelerator, slam on the brakes, put my seat belt on, throw my phone on the floor, hide my bottle of wine, swallow my joint, and shove the gun under the seat. It's a major drama. I really appreciate your
cooperation and understanding........

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2017
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "sirstude"Can I just ask everyone a huge favor? Those of you who are planning to put Christmas lights outside your property's, please can you avoid anything blue and flashing? Every time I drive past, I think it's the police and have a mild panic attack. I have to remove my foot from the accelerator, slam on the brakes, put my seat belt on, throw my phone on the floor, hide my bottle of wine, swallow my joint, and shove the gun under the seat. It's a major drama. I really appreciate your
cooperation and understanding........

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2017

Way too much recreational driving!!!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

I think it's the reflection of your avatar in the rear view mirror that's causing your angst.

Phil

chimp koose

Ordered new screws for the T doors (thanks KB ) and figured out how much of a bend I need to put into my lower hinges. Also got the middle hinges to snug up . I might have these doors closing properly by next weekend ! I was putting in an order with MAC's when the discount coupon expired at midnight . I will wait with that order until the next discount comes around .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I think it's the reflection of your avatar in the rear view mirror that's causing your angst.

Does that mean he cannot follow our Olds without getting all wonky   :?:  :roll:

Bob...
:wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

i had a bit of a relapse on the sinus - head cold infection, sore throat  thing at the end of this  week.  stronger meds requested

Saturday afternoon:  I believe I am turning the corner on this crud.  sheeesh.

The mornings  have been in upper 30's F here a couple days.  So,  winter is about over for us
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I think it's the reflection of your avatar in the rear view mirror that's causing your angst.

Does that mean he cannot follow our Olds without getting all wonky   :?:  :roll:

Bob...
:wink:

You've got a new bumper in back, don't you?  Is it strong? If it is, no problems. :wink:

Phil

BFS57

Hello:
Well, after having spine surgery the beginning of October, Im finally feeling better. Had complications in the surgery site with infection!!
The latest news from my camp is the addition of a Brand Spankin New Car, and it isn't American Made!!!
The Wife had a windfall come her way (wasn't without 20 years of hard work for her former employer) so she decided to buy a Brand new car but didn't want anything to do with American Made as we have had a couple issues with our current 08 Trailblazer.
Her first choice was Poursche! but that seemed a little out of her price range! Next we went to Jaguar and settled on a 2018 F-Pace (SUV) with a v-6, Supercharged, putting out 340 HP!. This along with the "Prestige" package this model had was way far and above what we were expecting!! And as with these kinds of newer cars lots to "discover"
Trim is Arctic white paint with High Gloss black wheels and a Definate leather interior! plus a fully automatic 8 speed transmission which can be paddle shifted (have not discovered just how yet) In two weeks there is a scheduled visit from a Jaguar person to our house at which time that person will explain the unknowns and answer any questions as well as program any things like the Garage Door opener located in the rear view mirror!
Took it out for a spin yesterday and really got lots of looks as well as a thumbs up from some lady in a new mercedies! I don't command that kind of attention even when I drive my 32 Ford Hot Rod Vicky!!!! Im jealous!!!!

Bruce

58 Yeoman

Good to hear that you're doing better, Bruce. Congrats on the new car and all its extras. If you're like me, you'll forget which car has what. We have a '12 Ford Escape and a '14 Tacoma. I drive the Toy more, so when I drive the Ford, I forget where everything is. If I drive that for more than a day, then I'm confused when I get back in the Toy. :lol:

Phil