What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I'm with you, Bob, even though I hate the cold, I think I'd hate scorpions even more. How about using sticky traps like we use for mice here?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"Geez, Tony, that has to get old after a while. Is there nothing that repels them from the shop?

This time of year,  the buggers are looking for warmth since it hits upper 40's to 50's  now. They come inside under one of the garage doors (3).

I have to watch for them inside the house.   I have chemicals and granular bug stuff I put out.  Expensive, but it kills them

Yet I have never seen a scorpion in my 40ish years living here.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

It's -19 this morning. I've been out for coffee and scooped off the sidewalks at my house. That's enough exercise for awhile. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"Geez, Tony, that has to get old after a while. Is there nothing that repels them from the shop?

This time of year,  the buggers are looking for warmth since it hits upper 40's to 50's  now. They come inside under one of the garage doors (3).

I have to watch for them inside the house.   I have chemicals and granular bug stuff I put out.  Expensive, but it kills them

Yet I have never seen a scorpion in my 40ish years living here.

later jim

at yur height of 6'6" , they may be too far away from yur eyes?

I have killed hundreds of scorpions out here.  A person would think I'd stop seeing them too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

1962 Morris work. Took 11 yrs to get here.  Why do I keep working on this car?  Puzzled , I am

Added some front bars on the chassis cage.   May take the body off to finish up the cage tubes and  welds on the cage.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I'm with you, Bob, even though I hate the cold, I think I'd hate scorpions even more. How about using sticky traps like we use for mice here?

Sticky traps , likely would work.

We trapped 2 rats at work 2 yrs ago with sticky traps.  We often see the small field mouse in the shop. The rats were a new deal we have not seen at work.

Funny: the rats were living in the wall at the front sales counter. Could be a joke or 2 there.
Tony

58 Yeoman

"1962 Morris work. Took 11 yrs to get here. Why do I keep working on this car? Puzzled , I am."

It took me 16 years to get rid of my 'project', so you've got five more years, Tony.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

mock up engine & trans removed... Taking the body - chassis off this frame platform after almost 10 yrs.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

well , now I've done it.  I Took the Morris Minor off the frame platform.  Been there since january 2007.

One photo shows the Morris Minor cut loose from the platform, I am sliding the frame jig out.

Second photo :  Tonight (monday)  , I slid the frame jig out.  Lowered the Morris down on to 4 jack stands.  I feel like I accomplished  something.

Next:  take the body off,  finished the cage up.  Go racing?   :T)
Tony

chimp koose

Crosley , the morris looks like a fun drag strip toy. I like the short wheelbase stuff .I worked on the T coupe tonight . I got por15 everywhere that I need it for now . I can start assembling the trunk area of the car. Next goal is to make the trunk lid fit and close . Por15 cost me $83 for a quart ! I think I have enough now to finish what I need on the rest of the body. Overkill , but I am doing the interior side of the floor boards with it as well . The entire inside of the car will have a por15 surface before any sound deadener or anything else goes in . Should have my milling machine home on Friday as well .

416Ford

Same old same old for me last night. Installed the engine in Vickie's car again. Hope to have running again by Christmas.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Beck

The intake manifold for my "little" 4 cylinder is finally about finished. I think it should move a LOT of air. For size reference, that's a 460 Ford head.

Beck

I have been having a battle with my old truck. The weather here has been between 3 and 26 F. My 2000 Silverado has refused to start on 3 occasions. It is always after sitting for an extended time. Each time I have replaced something and thought I had it resolved. So far it has been a fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter. This morning when I was leaving for work was the most recent no start. Now I am leaning toward just a clean-up of the idle air motor and throttle body. I'm thinking it is just gummed up and the cold is aggravating the problem. I plan to try that on Fri. I pick up my new truck tonight, but prefer not to drive it to work since the parking lot is very tight and it is at a petro-chemical plant.

chimp koose

I actually put parts on the coupe today! I installed the panel below the trunk lid today. I have never seen the car with that panel on it before . The body is starting to take shape . I have a 2 week holiday and am hoping to get to the shop during that time . I need to make a brace for the panel I just installed and then shape my trunk lid into something resembling an original piece .

papastoyss

Quote from: "Beck"I have been having a battle with my old truck. The weather here has been between 3 and 26 F. My 2000 Silverado has refused to start on 3 occasions. It is always after sitting for an extended time. Each time I have replaced something and thought I had it resolved. So far it has been a fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter. This morning when I was leaving for work was the most recent no start. Now I am leaning toward just a clean-up of the idle air motor and throttle body. I'm thinking it is just gummed up and the cold is aggravating the problem. I plan to try that on Fri. I pick up my new truck tonight, but prefer not to drive it to work since the parking lot is very tight and it is at a petro-chemical plant.
Any chance you have some water in your fuel system & it's freezing up on you? Even here in Tennessee it gets cold enough in Jan. & Feb. for that to be a problem. I've had good results w/ STP gas treatment.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!