What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Checked for any gopher digging last night... Nope, none, no gopher.

Boot photo bomb  in picture of dirt.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I watched a short video on Amazon Prime of Jay Leno's Garage yesterday.  I think it is by far the best car guy tv show.  I would like to paraphrase something he said.  It was new to me but may not be new to the rest of you old guys.

"A man is not judged by the size of his house but rather by the length of the black marks on the asphalt in front of the house."  Jay Leno

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Arnold

Mo. abs light(shuts off 4x4 in one of my daily drivers) Tue decided to check it out. The last one I did I pret near had to resort to cutting the axle shaft to get it out. Terrible job. WHY :!:  :?: did I not clean out the shop to do this in :roll:
Outside in my heavy suit..blowing snow..under this thing..got dark..torch in one hand powerful light in the other. Plenty of need to work in bare hands :twisted: In the middle of this..tried out again some Merrino wool long johns. Nice itchy sweaty reaction. Had to come inside get all undressed,shower,back at it :lol: Bearing had basically failed without any warning. Meticulously maintained too. Lots of the hub/bearing stayed on the shaft..quite a bit of it left jammed..and chewed up the knuckle a bit.
Yesterday..Wed..bad winter storm here..worked pretty slowly,methodically. Could not leave ANY doors to ANYTHING open for even a split second. NOWHERE to put ANYTHING..blowing snow would cover it up :lol: Got it all out..torch,big impact gun.sledge hammer,cleaned up the knuckle where it got chewed on. AHHHH :D did not have to remove or replace shaft. Fought against snow landing on pretty much every freshly greased surface :lol: Yeah sure..my hands too
In and out of my nice heated shop as I went back and forth to this thing..got it all buttoned up.
Bad enough storm could not drive home :cry: Stayed here.
Got set to go this am. New defective bearing. I opted not to go for the cheap one. "No good deed goes unpunished".
No 4x4 in that thing (Needed today)
Had to dig and blow and shovel the other vehicles in the lane to get access to other 4wd.

Just a howling blowing zero visibility kind of day :lol:

Just gotta find my old "Smokin" album,have a smoke,light the wood stove and sit in front of that for awhile 8)  :lol:  :idea:  :twisted:

58 Yeoman

Took my wife in for her "after cataract surgery" checkup today. She had one eye done yesterday, other one after Christmas. We heard on the radio that the Winter Wonderland Event in Peoria was cancelled today because it's too cold (6*).
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Beck

Quote from: "WZ JUNK""A man is not judged by the size of his house but rather by the length of the black marks on the asphalt in front of the house."  Jay Leno

John

I really like that! Unfortunately there are no black marks in front of my house, only brown marks in my --- never mind.
I guess that means I am not judged very highly.

Beck

I am about to start yet another project. Every deer season I want an ATV. After the season is over I'm glad I didn't buy one because I am out of storage space. This year, for the 2nd consecutive year, I have abused my knee bad enough I couldn't continue to hunt. I have 2 options, 1) quit hunting  2) buy a ATV.

A friend has offered me what I think is a great deal on an ATV. It is priced really right because it won't start and he cannot fix it. It may turn into a nightmare. It's a 2006 Artic Cat 700 efi. I understand parts are expensive, to the tune of $400 for a fuel pump, etc. I hope I still consider it a deal after the purchase and repair prices.

kb426

John, I have 1 of those black mark stories. The last summer my older brother is home for the summer, we both have V8 4 speed cars. One day our father walks in a calmly says, I'm going to get a bucket and 2 tooth brushes and you 2 smart guys are going to clean all the black marks off in front of the house. We never did and it still makes me smile to this day. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just finished repairing a flat tire on the 51. Ran over a roofing screw somewhere. I thought I was being careful where I went but not enough. I don't like it that I'm fixing my flats but I'm only upset with 1 person if the wheel is scratched. :) Getting ready for a storm to come through tomorrow. I have an inside project planned already. :) Hope you all have a good weekend.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Friday evening. In the shop. I am measuring a piece of DOM tube on the floor.

This small scorpion jumped out from the pipe next to my tape measure device. Got my attention with his tail snapping around.

I stepped on it.  Boot for the photo op
Tony

kb426

Geez, Tony, that has to get old after a while. Is there nothing that repels them from the shop?
TEAM SMART

348tripower

I got to push 3 more inches of snow today! What fun!!!!
Don Colliau

kb426

We got about an inch today. With the wind there are 6" piles and bare areas. The temp is 2 and the prediction is -10 tonight.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Geez, Tony, that has to get old after a while. Is there nothing that repels them from the shop?

This time of year,  the buggers are looking for warmth since it hits upper 40's to 50's  now. They come inside under one of the garage doors (3).

I have to watch for them inside the house.   I have chemicals and granular bug stuff I put out.  Expensive, but it kills them
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"Geez, Tony, that has to get old after a while. Is there nothing that repels them from the shop?

This time of year,  the buggers are looking for warmth since it hits upper 40's to 50's  now. They come inside under one of the garage doors (3).

I have to watch for them inside the house.   I have chemicals and granular bug stuff I put out.  Expensive, but it kills them

Ya know ......Maybe a little snow & cold ain't that bad after all ...... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****