Hooley goes to Bonneville 2015

Started by enjenjo, January 29, 2015, 07:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I visited with Hooley the other day.  He is working on the Bonneville Studebaker, "Just Glad to be Here".   He is making plans to return to the salt with a new partner.  We wish him well, but as of right now, Sumner and I do intend to return to the salt with the car.  Some of you on the RRT board may want to help him as in the past.   You all know that it is a lot of work to prepare and race a land speed car and I am sure he would appreciate your asssistance.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

So, out with it, what year is he planning on returning? Did you men to say you and Sumner ar not going?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"So, out with it, what year is he planning on returning? Did you men to say you and Sumner ar not going?

At this time Sumner and I do not plan to go to the salt.  Hooley is just starting to make plans.  I do not think he wants to go during 2021 Speedweek with the car.  But he is planning to go to Speedweek this year and help another of our friends run his car.

I will pass along additional information as I find out more about his intentions.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

I should not be speaking for Sumner.  He has said that he might return to Bonneville as part of a team but not to go just to observe the event.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Fair enough John. I'm not looking to go this year in any event. I've got a 60th class reunion around that time and I missed the last two....gone to the salt flats.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

I always thought it was interesting on how Sum just dropped his Bonneville car project and changed directions in life..  We are doing the same thing  so never say never.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"I always thought it was interesting on how Sum just dropped his Bonneville car project and changed directions in life..  We are doing the same thing  so never say never.

We had a quick look at the race car just the other day.  His intention is to sell it all off at a very attractive price.  Here is your chance if anyone is interested.

My life is changing also.  I am looking at smaller projects but I still intend to keep making stuff.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck