Hooley goes to Bonneville 2015

Started by enjenjo, January 29, 2015, 07:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

There will also be live streaming audio from Speedweek.   The SCTA has a link to live streaming and I have heard there will also be streaming available through Bangshift but I can not confirm that at this time.  I will try to post a heads up when we are approaching a run.  Keep in mind that I am pretty busy when we get near the starting line.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

Car is loaded and ready to head west.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

They are currently working through some minor problems with the gauges and data recording system.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

sirstude

I just heard from George,  They are getting ready to get in line, it will be a while before they run.  I will try to post when I hear.  Landracing.com is broadcasting, as are a couple of other sites.  SCTA I think and also Bangshift
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I have been checking the daily results. This has been a good year for some people. :)
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Where are you finding the daily results.  I have only seen Saturday's on the SCTA-BNI site.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I talked to John last night, they were headed home. They had traction problems, and then started loosing oil pressure, so called it enough.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"I talked to John last night, they were headed home. They had traction problems, and then started loosing oil pressure, so called it enough.

That's a bummer ... They work so long & hard to get there & then have problems & can't run ...  :(
Hopefully the oil pressure issue is nothing major .....

Good try you guys ....... :b-d:  :b-d:  

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Beck

It seems traction control was a necessity in the high horsepower cars this year. The announcer often said that a car was "shooting ducks" as it passed. By the end of the run those same cars were flying. Sometimes the "shooting ducks" was engine problems, but often it was the computer traction control at work.

Our favorite 'Stude doesn't have traction control. It just couldn't hook up on the salt this year. There were many other cars with the same problems.

Sunday evening on my way out of the pits I noticed other cars also loading for the trip home.  The 974 wasn't alone in it's shattered dreams.  I really believed Hooley had a shot at the record this year, but it wasn't to be.

A quote from Hooley, "I got to drive over 200 miles per hour!"

It was great meeting up with old friends, and making some new ones. Hooley and Sumner, thanks for making it possible for me. I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Hope the rest of the crew and the car had a safe trip home.

WZ JUNK

I got home at 2:30 AM this morning.  I am resting up for the HAMB Drags this weekend.

The last hurrah was truly a great last hurrah.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "river1"http://www.hotrod.com/articles/race-engines-speed-week-2016/

someone we know made this list

later jim

That is neat.

I was visiting with the photographer when he was taking the pictures of the car.  I never thought he would use them.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

I heard there was oil pressure problem with the 974?   Seems like that popped up before.  Not sure if it was on the SBC  or this BBC turbo combo
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Ross and I got home yesterday around supper time. We left Monday around 10 AM and headed up into Montana .We looked at the open pit mine in Butte, then visited the Garnet ghost town over near Missoula, then went through Glacier Park on the Going to the Sun road from east to west. Then we went to the Devils Tower in Wyoming. Ran into a couple days of rain.

Thanks to Sumner and Dottie for a great visit in Blanding and the #974 team for letting us crew with them. It was another epic 2 week and a couple days trip and we covered 6150 miles.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

not the "just Glad to be here" crew but i think you'll recognize the name

videos

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.