brake caliper help

Started by chimp koose, January 28, 2015, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

try again it says internet explorer blocked pop up from my laptop. that's when I right click something when the picture is up. now I cant get to my pictures!

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"try again it says internet explorer blocked pop up from my laptop. that's when I right click something when the picture is up. now I cant get to my pictures!

At that point, on my computer, I would run a malware scan. You might check your security settings too.

honestly, you have exceeded my knowledge of computers, neither of the steps above can hurt, but they may not help.

I have a program on my computer called team viewer. My son has it on his computer too. When I run into a problem I don't understand, I get him on the phone, and he logs into my computer with a password that changes every time we use it. I have to give him the correct password. He can the see what the problem is by watching what I am doing. If need be, he can take control of my computer to fix it. Some times I can fix it myself with his directions, sometimes he has to do it. I get called an idiot a lot, but I am used to it.  :shock:  I have the free version.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

removed my wheel studs from the hubs today. They are swedged /peened over on the front side to lock the drum in place. If I had just pressed them out I would have ruined the hubs . Put the hubs in the mill after sawing off the studs and milled the back side of the studs off ,then pressed them out the front. A pain and time consuming to say the least. I found a wheel stud that should work well Papco 560-173 code fr . it is .002 larger on the knurl than the stock ones and should give me 1.1" of useable thread past the rotors . My wire wheels are 1/2" thick at the bolt flange so I will have 5/8" of thread out past the wheel face. Also machined the notches into my kingpins a few days ago . I need to put grease grooves into my spindle bushings and then I can assemble my front end back into the car .Steering mounts for my home made unisteer next !

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

put my steering arms on the spindles today. Econolines have a press in arm with a threaded stud retainer and a flat edge to line up to. Had 2 of my students help with the job. It was a good experience for them to help plan out the setup so the cooled parts were pressed in without running around in a panic looking for press fixtures while the frozen part warmed up. The parts fit nice and look really nice if I say so myself. If I have calculated right , based on inside spindle turning angle the car should have a curb to curb turning radius of about 38'.

kb426

Sounds great. Umm, where are the pics of the smiling students? :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

couldn't post pix of students if I wanted . School division requires waivers /permission from parents to any photos or use of name attached to photo. But I get your point , I will have to figure out the photo thing one of these days.