Nats North

Started by purplepickup, September 07, 2004, 10:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Since Nat's North is this weekend in Kalamazoo, I figured it would be a good time to see who all is coming and get a little discussion going about what might be going on.

I'm assuming the BBQ trailer will be there and some of us will be parking near it.  I can set up my 20 ft canopy if I can get it on the fairgrounds with my van Thursday afternoon after I register.  I'll try to get the same spot as last year or close to it.  I could use some help if anyone wants to volunteer.  I won't be able to save spots to park so if anyone else wants to put up a canopy on Thursday it would help reserve some real estate.

Hope to see some old friends there and meet some new ones.
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Hey, Big Boy I'll be there Thursday late afternoon, just early enough to register.  So, probably too late to help ya.  I will be around after 6:00 PM if you need help that late?
I'm hungry already, looken forward to "Grillen and Chillen".
You'll notice I'm older now, so respect your elders! :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

flamefink

We'll be there hopefully before noon on Friday. We wanted to make the voyage on Thursday this year but a Thursday night CAMM class kind of got in my way. I'll be drivin the A with a few more refinements and my dad will be in his Duece. Hope to see you all there...

Brett aka Flamin'

ps Was I seeing things in L'vile or was it a turkey deep fryer you guys were using to boil the potatos and corn? Excuse my ignorance if it wasn't  :lol: But if it was... anybody up for a Turkey fry? My mom has a spare in the freezer and volunteered it for RRT feeding duty on Saturday if any one is interested.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

348tripower

I'll be in Friday morning. I'll bring my 10x10 quick shade with me.
Don :lol:
Don Colliau

beatnik

I should be there for Saturday. I want to try and catch up with Dave  Crane and his little fuel altered museum.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

purplepickup

Quote from: "flamefink"Was I seeing things in L'vile or was it a turkey deep fryer you guys were using to boil the potatos and corn? .....if it was... anybody up for a Turkey fry? My mom has a spare in the freezer and volunteered it for RRT feeding duty on Saturday if any one is interested.
The cooker is an old beer keg converted to a cooker for boiling & frying and it will definitely handle a turkey.  In fact with the hot oil after the turkey is done we could make french fries and other deep fried stuff.
I can't speak for everybody but a turkey sounds good to me and if we decide to do it I'll buy the peanut oil.  The only thing about doing a turkey is that it will create a little more work for someone.....cooking and cleanup.  Any volunteers?  

We should still do a boil because it's easy.  I'll bet we could come up with another pot somewhere.

Thanks for the offer Brett.
George

enjenjo

Well, the RRT BBQ will be there friday morning, along with two  canopys. I'll have to drive back to Toledo for my official retirement, but will be back in the evening. I'll more than likely be driving the Olds woody.

If you want to do both a turkey, and corn and potatos, I can get another cooking pot like ours.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

I should be there before noon Thursday...it seems you have to arrive that early to get a good spot in the campgrounds. George, you know where i usually park, if i'm not there I'll be right inside the walkthrough gate at the campground..(behind the johns). I might even be able to get my brother to help with the canopy too.

Charlie Chops 1940

George,

I'll be down there Thursday. I'm going to Niles early in the morning to drop off the header and side pipe for ceramic coating for the track roadster; may try to get into the air museum for awhile when I get into Kzoo.

What time do you want to meet - and where?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

29abone

:lol: I'll be there Saturday, hope to see y'all then.

Larry
The joy is in the journey!
Larry

The joy is in the journey.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"George,

I'll be down there Thursday. I'm going to Niles early in the morning to drop off the header and side pipe for ceramic coating for the track roadster; may try to get into the air museum for awhile when I get into Kzoo.

What time do you want to meet - and where?

Charlie, Rob and I have been to that museum, its nice  :wink:

George, we will be there for sat only  :cry:  since we can't bring the car !  I know where the encampment is, so we will find it, then probably do the swap meet, rob needs some stuff for the Model A.  
Sounds like the menu has changed a little  :lol:  what would you like me to bring? anything special?  Just let me know!!! Can't wait to see everyone!    
Debb

.Sounds like a great weekend coming up! I had planned on making the trip,that is untill I had a wrestling match with some poison sumac.I slipped away for a couple of days last week and spent them cleaning up the shoreline on my lot at the lake,there was poison ivy and poison oak which I am all too familiar with but managed to stay out of.I had no idea what poison sumac was and therefore jumped in feet first you might say :roll: I now am blessed with the consequences...a horrible red rash complete with giant blisters that has spread from my lower legs down onto the bottoms of my feet.It has gotten better the last few days and I was able to get my shoes on for awhile today.Unfortunately I have fallen way behind on my work project.. so.. as soon as my feet heal a bit better,I will try and play catch up.I wouldn't have gotten so far behind at work if I wouldn't have taken the guys to the lake with me...yup...they got it too :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

I'll be there in  the morning and in the afternoon. I'll be making two runs down there in order to get all my swap stuff there. Being as I'm selling the A roadster project and everything I've collected for it I 've got two trailer loads to get there. Hopefully  I'll have time too enjoy the BBQ. See ya there
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Well, did we decide if we need the extra cooker or not? Makes me no diofference one way or the other, but Ken is the cook at the zoo. :lol:

enjenjo

Another thought, George, HRPP,  and I were talking yesterday, a couple years ago we had a gathering at his house in Battle creek, about 25 miles from the Zoo. We could cook there if that's what you want to do, or keep it at the fairgrounds like last year. Your call. Unless of course George says no.