Any updates on the Nova, Glen?

Started by Bruce Dorsi, February 21, 2014, 10:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Inquiring minds want to know!  :D

Thanks for asking.  If you saw the updates from the PSCA race in Las Vegas then you are up to date.  We ran the PSCA 10.5 outlaw class which restricts you to a 10.5 wide tire.  I Finally got a 7 second pass at 7.55 and pedaled it for 2 seconds.  

Our local drag strip just opened back up and the John Force show is here this weekend.  I plan to run Top Sportsman in the divisional 7 race this coming weekend.  I have never ran faster than a 7.49 so I have not been able to get my advanced ET license.  I should definitely run quicker so I might have to slow the car down to stay in the event.  After this race, I will be eligible to run any national NHRA event.

Here are some videos in case you missed them:

Hopefully by this time next Saturday night I can share some new videos!   :shock:

enjenjo

Looks like you have it hooking pretty good out of the hole.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

The outdoors goes past that car really fast.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

That's got to be a rush of the highest degree, knowing all the details about it the way you do.  Mucho respecto to you Glen. 8)
George

UGLY OLDS

Like Frank says .. The car seems to hook up & run straight ...  8)

LOTS of hard work is paying off .. Good Job Glen ......  );b(

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like you have it hooking pretty good out of the hole.

Ya...but Steve said I am puling about 400 HP by retarding the timing on the launch.  Now if I can keep improving setup and then start putting power back in to get the 60 ft. times quicker.  I only had a 1.24 60 ft. time on that 7.55 run, with a 4.90 1/8 mile time.

If you watch the launch from the day time pass on the right quarter view you can see the wheelie bar paint the concrete twice.  It was pulling up the front end and then when the front struts hit the bottom of full extension it was pulling the front end back down  and lightening the rear end.   I have tightened up the front end to hopefully stop that porpoise action and keep the tires up tight to carry the front end further.  We will see if it was successful.  you can see the double tap here:

I also added a new G meter to datalog so Im excited about to see that number.

enjenjo

I went back and watched it again, I see what you mean.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

We are racing this weekend.....Towed the car to tech inspection today at the division 7 race.  The next thing I know the tech director pulls up with 4 other officials and parks beside my nova.   Now I got 7 officials fine tooth combing the car and nobody is smiling.
Finally I asked if anyone wanted my tech card....of course the head guy takes it.   :roll:

Usually its one inspector per car.

Then he stamped it....said nice car....have fun.

I have passed tech many times at psca and smaller events but never an official event.

chimp koose

Glen you can pay a small fee and have a tech inspector go over the entire car . Then they can issue you an NHRA tech card (ETI?)that is good for the entire season at any NHRA member track. Show the card to any tech guy and they will check a few minor things and send you on your way.Real time saver if done in the off season(the good tech guys will come to your home and do it).Last thing a tech guy wants to do is let a heavy hitter car on the track without a proper inspection. The inspection card lets them know that a qualified tech inspector has gone over every detail already and signed off on it,a real time saver at a big event.

Glen

Quote from: "chimp koose"Glen you can pay a small fee and have a tech inspector go over the entire car . Then they can issue you an NHRA tech card (ETI?)that is good for the entire season at any NHRA member track. Show the card to any tech guy and they will check a few minor things and send you on your way.Real time saver if done in the off season(the good tech guys will come to your home and do it).Last thing a tech guy wants to do is let a heavy hitter car on the track without a proper inspection. The inspection card lets them know that a qualified tech inspector has gone over every detail already and signed off on it,a real time saver at a big event.

Thanks..... I just learned about those cards.  I will get one.

I don't mind the full inspection....I have always tried to play by the rules.

That REALLY looks like fun but not sure my heart could handle it! Wait......My wife says I don't have a heart so maybe I'd be OK  :roll:  Look forward to a report on how you do this weekend.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Glen

Here you go, Im pretty sure this will stick as a qualifying pass in Top Sportsman, still on a 10.5" tire.

The time slip is at the end.

Supposed to rain tomorrow so Sunday will be eliminations.

34ford

Now that is pretty wild. Like the different camera views.

Crosley.In.AZ

as I recall:  60 foot picked up some?  I watched & listened to shift.  I dont see the tires getting upset / unsettled at shift.

Left front tire just visiting the surface indicates chassis and power working.

I hope weather aint too bad up north saturday.. I'm trying to sell our land up there again.   Gotta check out another property a fellow wants to deal with as a trade
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)