New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"George, thanks for the compliment. Frank, I wanted it to be stronger than a straight 1/8 wall tube but didn't want the weight of thicker wall tubing. My thought was that the double wall in the middle would give higher crush strength if this thing got re-ended. I didn't want to play Pinto. I don't know if my engineering is sound or folly. I've tried to be careful with the weight of all the components I'm using.

Sounds like you are on the right track to me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

It was warm enough this morning that I turned on the heater in the garage and got a few things done. The pics are of the running board supports mounted but not blasted. The rear is finished and full of oil. It will get painted the same color as the frame. The 90 degree adapter necessary to hook up an oil filter. We have a cold wave upon us so I'm done for awhile again.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Short of fabbing bed mounts, all the welding is done on the chassis. I don't think I've forgotten anything. All the rest of the items will be nutserted to the chassis.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I too am enjoying watching your progress ...Looking good ...I like the idea of using almost everything possible off the donor car.....That make "repair parts" searching Sooooo much easier when needed .... What kind of nutserts are you using in the frame  ??

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

UGLY OLDS, I bought a Kar products kit at an auction years ago and now are using McMaster inserts for replacements.
TEAM SMART

kb426

In keeping with the Bullitt theme, I needed gray spoke wheels. I've been looking for months. The wheel god finally smiled on me. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Minor update. Winter has broke enough that I can work in the shop. I welded up the frame for the bed today. The metal was cut and vatted a few weeks ago.
TEAM SMART

kb426

First couple pics are mock up shots. I'm pretending I have a truck. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Some shots of the uprights to mount the bed frame, front ones have 2 holes, rear has 1, clearance for fuel lines under frame.
TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Still pluggin' away I see  8)
George

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

:ha)     :roll:     :lol:    

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"Still pluggin' away I see  8)

100,000 comedians outta work and you're tryin to be funny :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

So far, I filled or patched 71 places. The remainder will have to wait until the column, hydroboost, clutch and throttle mounts are located and finished. The section of the mustang firewall that has all of those has been trimmed and is ready whenever I figure out where it needs to be.
TEAM SMART