New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"If you do use Diesel, use no. 1 rather than no. 2. No. 1 is what most furnaces use.
The label on the heater says "kerosene or #1 fuel oil",  is that what you mean by #1 diesel ? As far as I know , low sulpher  diesel is all that is readily available around here. I've heard of home heating oil being used in Northern climates but in the South it's usually electricity , natural or propane gas used for heat. If push comes to shove I'll go to a electric heat pump w/ac but that's $ I could use on a project car!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Yes, that's it. Some truck stops carry it here, but I don't know about down south.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Rear end as far as I can go until the tracloc kit arrives. :oops:
I didn't intend to use a chrome cover but do to a mistake with the original cover, I needed a new cover.  :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

I finished welding the engine cradle this afternoon. You can tell I don't have grand-kids to entertain. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Trans mount and double k-member??
TEAM SMART

kb426

Cab positioned. rear mount attached, ready to fab the front mounts.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I did cab mounts today.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

kb426

I'm using the mustang tank and pump. I haven't got the straps on or filler neck modified yet. I have 3" hanging under the rear crossmember.
TEAM SMART

kb426

For those of us that are not Autocad or Pro-E users, after installing everything today, I realized I wouldn't have enough driveshaft clearance if the suspension bottomed out. The new part will need to be capped top and bottom.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I finished the fuel tank straps today. I used the original Mustang straps. I fabbed up two parts per side to bolt the straps on. I used the rubber protector on the bottom.  It's about to return to winter tomorrow so I'm done for a while.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Lackluster update. the trac-loc kit arrived today and I finished the rear end this evening. It's ready for paint and the brakes to be installed. One item on the list is finished.   :lol:
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I haven't commented on your project but am following and enjoying it.  Thank you for taking the time to post your progress.  You're doing a great job.
George

enjenjo

Is there a particular reason for the twin tube rear crossmember, or just using what you  had on hand?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

George, thanks for the compliment. Frank, I wanted it to be stronger than a straight 1/8 wall tube but didn't want the weight of thicker wall tubing. My thought was that the double wall in the middle would give higher crush strength if this thing got re-ended. I didn't want to play Pinto. I don't know if my engineering is sound or folly. I've tried to be careful with the weight of all the components I'm using.
TEAM SMART