A shocker

Started by phat rat, February 08, 2013, 11:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

One thing to keep in mind. Do exactly as the doctor orders AFTER your surgery . If you are like my father in law you will feel better than you can imagine,however healing takes time.Even though you will feel great ,take the time to do as your doctor says ,on the time frame he says, to ensure you heal properly. My father in law went from grey to pink after the surgery, I have not seen him this healthy in over 10 years.

Crosley.In.AZ

I hope all goes well for you.  As mentioned , follow instructions from doctors.

A buddy of mine had open heart surgery last year. New heart valve installed and a 5th bypass added.  His Previous bypass surgery was 6 yrs ago.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ernie Callen

Five yrs ago had the same numbers as you. They cut on me Wed AM did four
bypasses. I was home Sat. noon. Best I have felt in thirty years. GOOD LUCK!
Ernie

Arnold

Quote from: "phat rat"Tues. the 5th I went in for a heart cath and thought it would be a balloon to clear things or possibly a stent put in. When I awoke I was shocked that nothing had been done and that I need bypass surgery. they found one artery was blocked 100% and three more were at 90%. So now I need to go through the waiting and anxiety all over again. I don't see the surgeon until the 14th. In the meantime I'm too take it easy and I can't even go out and blow snow using my riding snowblower. The doc says the cold air could trigger things and really wants me to wear a face mask when outside

The cold..(I am assuming dense) air is a relatively new finding.A pretty serious one. Don't fool around with that one. Prolly a BIT more serious than early cowl induction :wink: These procedures are much.much better..and  more common than they used to be.
 Good Luck :!:

sirstude

Jack,

Take care, and I have you in my prayers.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

48ford

I'm glad that found it!!!!
Get well so you can go cruisin this year!!!!
Russ&Irene

phat rat

Well good news. I saw the surgeon this morning and the waiting is over. The surgery will be next Tues the 19th
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"Well good news. I saw the surgeon this morning and the waiting is over. The surgery will be next Tues the 19th

I bet you feel better than you have in years, even if you haven't felt bad. Everyone i know that has had this type of surgury said they felt so much more energy afterwards. Good Luck.  :D

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat rat"Well good news. I saw the surgeon this morning and the waiting is over. The surgery will be next Tues the 19th

Jack ...  Good Luck ..Plenty of rest ..Listen to the Doctor ...   :!:  :!:  

You will be better in no time .. I'll be prayin' for ya too ...  8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Just a quick note. Jack had triple by-pass yesterday and is resting well.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

Thanks for letting us know. I get afraid telling someone everything will be alright but I'm glad when it is. GPster

enjenjo

I was thinking about this all day yesterday, I'm glad the result are good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Pleased to know it went well.
TEAM SMART

Ernie Callen

Jack welcome to the Zipper Club!
Ernie

Rrumbler

I am happy to hear this.  I wish him the best recovery.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.