A shocker

Started by phat rat, February 08, 2013, 11:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Tues. the 5th I went in for a heart cath and thought it would be a balloon to clear things or possibly a stent put in. When I awoke I was shocked that nothing had been done and that I need bypass surgery. they found one artery was blocked 100% and three more were at 90%. So now I need to go through the waiting and anxiety all over again. I don't see the surgeon until the 14th. In the meantime I'm too take it easy and I can't even go out and blow snow using my riding snowblower. The doc says the cold air could trigger things and really wants me to wear a face mask when outside
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Well Jack, on the good side they caught it before anything serious happened.  I wish you well as things progress.  I would suggest you follow any instructions your doctor gives you.

I just recently found I have an issue with my heart too but it's not as serious as yours.  I have sporadic chest pains that coincide with my heart beat.  After a stress test this week they found my heart beats are sometimes too close to each other and no blood is pumped.  There is no pulse for the time that is happening.  I'm scheduled to wear a monitor next week to gather more info.  Many people have irregular heart beats but there are different reasons and we're going to find out what's going on.

Hang in there Jack.  Getting old isn't always easy but it is a good thing as long as we keep doing it.
George

enjenjo

Good Luck Jack. Take some duck tape with you just in case. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Good thing it was caught before something bad (or worse?) happened.  Follow instructions and don't push your luck.  Plenty of folks have gone through this type of procedure and gone on to live better lives, hang onto the positive.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

kb426

Best wishes, Jack. They really do great work anymore. One of my friends has had around 16 bypasses total in his life. Now they send him home the next day. It sure wasn't like that in 1980 or so when he had his first one.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Good luck, like others said it's good they found it before anything really bad happened. At least you have a good excuse not to shovel snow now. I shoveled my house, my Moms and my sister yesterday, all the time thinking about how potentially bad it could be. Hopefully the day after your surgery you are on here telling us how great you feel.

phat rat

Thanks guys. Everyone I've ever talked with that has had a bypass talks about how much better they felt after having it done. But for someone whose only had one surgery,  a hernia operation it's a bit worriesome. Heck until 2 years ago when I broke my pelvis I'd never even had a broken bone
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Hang in there Jack ... Like everyone says this procedure is done every day ....  ( I know ... Every day but not to YOU .... :shock:   )  

Good that they found it now before something more serious happened ....

My wife had a mechanical heart valve installed over 10 years ago .. Other than some "ticking noises "from time to time she is as good as new .... :D

Follow the doctors rules  & you will be up & running in no time better than ever ... 8)

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Jack,
I have had three surgeries. None on the heart tho. All of them made me nervous. Modern technology can work wonders. Good luck.
Don
Don Colliau

Harry

A friend I knew for a long time always looked kind of grey complectioned. He had heart surgery and next time I saw him he was glowing pink.
You will look and feel a whole lot better.
Best wishes...

chopped

I had mine 18 years ago, straight from the cath table to the OR. I think they are  less invasive now, I have a great looking scar in the middle of my chest and down my left leg. It's not a cakewalk by any means but not anywhere near as bad as you would think.Do what they say and the discomfort is mostly gone in a couple days. The work continues for as long as you live.

moose

Best of Skill to your surgen. Hope all goes well and easy for you Jack...

Tim

Carnut

Oh gee, do hope all goes well.

Charlie Chops 1940

Jack has to get well. We aren't done working together yet.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Rrumbler

Serious business, that.  But, they used to say it was "easy as rolling off a log".  I'll be holding good thoughts for ya'.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.