Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kroozn

I have been around the RRT for a while, so maybe I should do an intro too.

I don't know. I am not sure if I want my name to be associated with people who are in the sheep flocking biz, mow lawns naked, play with dolls or use the "spilled lacquer thinner on my self" excuse to flash the housekeeper, and the Downunder tree hugging bunch are here too.

Oh well, I guess it's time I attempt to climb up the social ladder a rung.

My name is Carl Brunson and I am 55 years old.
I have spent my life welding, grinding, sanding body filler & primer on cars of all kinds.
I have a shop in Las Vegas specializing in doing this.
Occasionally I get to paint and polish a car too.

Well, now you know who I am.
Carl

fatkoop

I am a Manufacturing Engineer ( 32 years).  By day, design/build machinery to make window coverings. Days off, drive a '40 coupe and a '36 coupe and have a Deuce sedan that I really need to finish!  The RRT and HAMB are my constant companions and the most fun I have at work!  :D

Dolly

Quote from: "kroozn"I have spent my life welding, grinding, sanding body filler & primer on cars of all kinds.
Carl, you're not really that much different to most of the Aussie boys, this is exacly how they treat their wimmin folk, or in Simon's case, sheep.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

gt28a

Just so you know who I am......

I'm 45 and recently celebrated 25 years of marriage.
I drive a A Model Tourer and also own a 67 pillarless Impala (4door). I've also got an EK Holden...but goobers wouldn't know what one of them is....I'll post some pics later. (It's sorts like an Australian built 57 Chev...kinda). I own a parts and equipment store selling earthmoving machinery and spare parts for just about anything. I started there in 1978 sweeping floors and bought the business nearly 4 years ago.

Jimbob

Aircraft Maintence Engineer by trade, currently working for the Australian War Memorial restoring and maintaining everything from WWII aircraft to tanks. Have worked in the past for Qantas, Australian Army, Australian Navy, Kerry Packer and Boeing.

Cheers, Jimbob

Inprimer

My 2c worth, joined the AF in '66, 4 years of learning, with no layoffs. Hired by the Post office for 31 years,also did a stint in reserves(ret)from there.I'm patiently wating for my bride of 25 years to retire so we can escape this frigid north weather. We are building a new tent in Lake Havasu AZ. Looking forward to perpetual summer, that way I can put some serious miles on my 'vert.Met George (purp PU) in cobo hall last yr, and of course, Miss Congeniality Denise, the topless one, my alltime favorite galpal!!!hope to be in Syracuse this summer and hook up with more of you...... Boy I love this board..... Serge :D

Big G

Interesting lot of careers you guys have.

The name big G is what my daughter called me when she was growing up. I have 2 adult sons (both petrol heads) and one adult daughter (also car nut).

I am 57yrs young Aussie (feel like a 30yr old but can't catch one) Customer Service Representative for Civic Compliance Victoria been there last 6 years, we process the speeding fines from those revenue raising speed cameras.

Previously was a Police Sergeant In Charge of Kilmore Police Station in country Victoria, Australia,  for 5yrs. Prosecuted over 50 cases in court every Tuesday(great fun!). Retired ill health after 21 years service.

I have owned over 120 cars over the years ranging from a 1928 Dodge to MG TD, MGA, Morris minors, Jags, Mercedes Benzs, BMWs (European phase) heaps of Fords including a 50 single spinner ute, 56 mainline utility & (2) sedans, every model Aussie fairlane to 1992 Still have the 1992 V8 Fairlane. These cars are the reason why I have no money.

Currently own a 62 falcon ute (Ranchero)with a 302W & C10 and I am building a 1948 Ford delux Panel Van which will run 351C & C10.
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

dpsmith

G'day everyone
My name is David and I've been married for about 8 years and have three children (2,4,6years old )
I started working as a sheetmetal apprentice building computer furniture/ hardware
Then moved to building and painting Electrical switch boards (Big ones,like twenty metres long )
I moved away from Canberra to Nowra and started a new job building Front end loaders for tractors for five years then I changed again to a Structural steel factory as workshop Foreman till the company went into liquidation and I was looking for a job
And now I work on a Turf farm and look after not only the turfgrass but also in charge of vehicle maintenance, Oval and Golf course planting jobs as well as any welding that needs doing
So there is never a dull day
I also get to travel around Australia with work and soon to see the US of A with work also
Life is good!
The only thing missing is a project of which I hope to start in the near future!!!

David

UGLY OLDS

I stumbled across this while doing a search .... Is is neat to see the background of alot of the people still active here ... 8)

I bet many reached the retirement they were looking forward to back then ...... :)

I wonder where the others went   :?:  :?:    

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Boyd Who

Holy ancient posts, Batman!!  :lol:

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.  :P

I've done numerous jobs over my life, then 2 years ago I decided to start my own business. I offer various services from deliveries, moving, lawn care, snow clearing, etc. Business has been good enough that I was finally able to afford to build myself a workshop!  :D

I also haul junk away from homes and businesses, sort of like the 1-800-GOT-JUNK guys. That's been the most interesting part of my job...it's amazing what some people throw out!  :shock:

I had to rent storage space for some of the stuff that was too good to toss away. Once a year I hold a garage sale and sell off as much as I can. I keep enough of the money raised to pay for the storage and the rest gets donated to local charities.

Harry

I'm old.
A retired elevator/escalator installer/repair/maintain mechanic.
I hate the term "technician".
Worked and travelled all over Canada and USA.
Projects are...'51 Ford Victoria with 351W.
'62 Studebaker GT Hawk that I do drive.
'73 GMC motorhome with 455 front wheel drive.
I just lifted my house up 4' so I can get the GMC in the garage.
I enjoy dropping in here to see what is going on in the rest of the country.
Best wishes from Vancouver Island. No snow!!

chimp koose

I am an interprovincial journeyman machinist by trade,but I have been teaching all manner of high school shop classes for the last 22 years. I have worked as a machinist for probably 15 of my summer vacations to fund my teaching habit.I have a 49 Anglia project,26T coupe project(just started) a brand new 225"slip tube front engine dragster rolling chassis(6.00 cert)and my daily driver is a 65 mercury 1/2 ton.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: chimp kooseI am an interprovincial journeyman machinist by trade,

Do you have to be "Certified or Licensed" in every Province that you work in ??   Kind of like a "licensed" Auto technician in MI ???

Does each Provence have different laws or rules as to how things are done in different trades ????

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Harry

In the elevator business, the B44 code is almost Canada wide. But, each province may have some different rules. Nothing drastic though. The IUEC (elevator constructor union) does their own schooling. It is getting more complcated every year. I'm happy to be retired.

Carnut

Heh, heh, I never did much of anything useful and I am very very happy to be retired.