Whats everyone doing to get through the winter?

Started by 48ford, December 22, 2011, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

Warpspeed

Quote from: "rog"Sweating  :lol:  :lol:  30 degrees celsious here, just finished work for the year (welding up truck trailers) Cleaning out the garage to get my plymouth project in.

Winter ???
We don't need no stinkin winter.

Like Rog says, sweatin, drinking beer, working on the Rod out under a large shady tree, and chasing bikini down at the beach.

sirstude

Try to get the Olds painted and running, possibly get the 302 and C4 mounted in the Vicky, although the last is pretty low on the list.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

junkyardjeff

I have alot to do in the garage this winter,finish the bronco 2wd swap and assemble the 66 f250 plus there is my sisters 92 Geo tracker that is going to get converted to a 5 speed now that I have located a parts car.

Crosley.In.AZ

yep... the winter has been tough here.  Not sure what to do or how to handle it.

Co-worker drove his 55 chevy to work today.  He just got it drivable
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"Looks like it might make a little power. :lol:

Dropped straight axle with disc brakes , 4 speed , 468 cid engine.
Tony

GPster

Does it use point type ignition? I se a coil hanging on the firewall. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"Does it use point type ignition? I se a coil hanging on the firewall. GPster

Looks like a regular old coil doesn't it?

:lol:
Tony

jaybee

At the moment I'm waiting on a new gas valve for the garage furnace. No heat in there all last winter, not a good situation for comfortable work.

Oh, that and all winter my brother's car was in my garage. Every time I had a little garage time when it was anything close to warm enough I was working on his instead of mine.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "GPster"Does it use point type ignition? I se a coil hanging on the firewall. GPster

Looks like a regular old coil doesn't it?

:lol:

sounds like there is more to that story 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

39deluxe

I finished building some walls in the basement and now will be adding shelves for storage tubs. The plan is to get organized and get the garage cleaned out so I can work on the truck again. It's either that or put up signs in the garage so I know which path to take to get to the other side.

Tom

Arnold

New Blonde girlfriend(10 years younger than me!)
   Fireplaces..(my place and hers)

That should "cover" the winter.

I am a serious skier..and live a snowbelt. When it snows here I have a serious snow removal PITA.

I had to move a few years ago not by choice. Moving stuff..stuff in storage. Just a HUGE PITA!  I have since moved by choice! Shop is
22X42X16' H..AND is an absolute mess! I really want it alll nice and tidy

Hopefully get that done before I die haha

Merry Belated Christmas,Happy New Year to all

Arnold..

Beck

I'm saying I have burnout, not doing burnouts. My car project is put in the corner for the winter. I did that about 2 months ago. I'm disapointed. I thought I had a rust free builder, but found someone had been creative with fiberglass and body filler. It needs quarters and a full trunk floor. I need to put it all back together to get things aligned before starting that. I just don't feel like that right now.
The 'net gets me in more trouble. I have always been a tractor pull fan. I have pulled garden tractors but got out. I would love to pull the big boys but my city life doesn't allow that. On the 'net I found guys pulling 1/5 scale radio controlled tractors. I couldn't resist and started building one. Chain saw power. They are expensive for what they are but very cheap compared to the real thing. Here is a photo of one (not mine)http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/16797646/homepage/name/727485?type=sn

chimp koose

we have not had any real winter to speak of yet.It RAINED today!We are not to expect temps below freezing this week. This is the mildest winter in my lifetime.