Whats everyone doing to get through the winter?

Started by 48ford, December 22, 2011, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Big plans for Big Olds this winter.  He's getting an Ididit steering column.  Mines shot.  I'm going with their new one thats keyed in the number 3 position, chromed, tilt, can't wait.  I haven't had a working turn signal lever since June 2002!  lol

Also doing new rear shocks in custom made brackets as the current location is not as effective as it should be.

Heading to Florida for 10 days in mid-Jan.  Partly for work, 1 1/2 days, the other for pleasure.  Cool thing about it is work paid for the complete airfare!

Heading to St Thomas in Feb for 10 days as I won at work an all expense trip for two to an all inclusive resort!

I have also made plans to once again head down to the Lonestar Roundup in Austin TX in April.  It's one of my favorite events and I just love starting the cruzn season off down there.

Heads up for Friday June 1st.....I'm once again having a Hot Rods and Harleys Pig Roast at my place.  I hope you all can make it.  More details as the time gets closer.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

kb426

Denise, I've been to the post office twice looking for my ticket to St. Thomas. I got left out again!!! :lol:
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

Still working on my 40 Ford coupe project.Drove the car 1st time Thursday after Christmas.The 5.7 ls6 w/243 heads & 2002 Z06 cam will really set you back in your seat. The ring & pinion was a little noisy under load & rear tires rubbed the fenders after springs settled so I yanked the rear axle & I'm "licking my calf over" on that. My interior guy put me off until Feb. so I have a little breathing room. Denise, it looks a WHOLE lot better than when you saw it 4 yrs ago. Mike (Earl Schieb) really did a nice job on the paint work. Hope to see you at the Hot Rod Reunion in June.My repair shop is in the process of being sold so I'll be able to attend a few more events in the future.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

better hurry here.. winter is near over.  :shock:

Should get cold again in february 2012 for a while, then spring hits
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "kb426"Denise, I've been to the post office twice looking for my ticket to St. Thomas. I got left out again!!! :lol:

Well if you were single....... 8)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "papastoyss"Hope to see you at the Hot Rod Reunion in June.My repair shop is in the process of being sold so I'll be able to attend a few more events in the future.

Great!  Looking forward to seeing you Fathers Day weekend.  

Keep my Pig Roast in mind as I believe Mike, Gator and a few of the other Poor Boys are coming up for that weekend.  Perhaps you could tag along.

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "kb426"Denise, I've been to the post office twice looking for my ticket to St. Thomas. I got left out again!!! :lol:

Well if you were single....... 8)

no ticket at my house either :cry:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

[quoteHeading to St Thomas in Feb for 10 days as I won at work an all expense trip for two to an all inclusive resort!

.[/quote]

My wife and I are going to be near the same area.  We are headed to the Dry Tortugas and then we plan to meet up with Sumner and Ruth.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH