Whats everyone doing to get through the winter?

Started by 48ford, December 22, 2011, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

So whats everyone doing?
I usualy go to south Texas(just to stay warm)
but this year I need a new hip,(fell off a ladder)
so I go under the knife on the 11th.
This is my second hip,so I know what to expect.
I hope to work on my gas pump to keep busy.
Later Russ

wayne petty

french toast made with eggnog..  less the booster...

probably go to the arc light (cinerama dome) for a movie..   xmas day is always a good day for that.   its only about 8 blocks down the street..

really comfy seats...  taking the wife...  groucho the cat stays home..

Charlie Chops 1940

Hibernate in the work shop as much as possible. I'm picking away a paint and re-assembly of the '40 Chevy. I'm slow.

A couple days a week we day care our 19 month old grandson. That's some quality time for us and him.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

rog

Sweating  :lol:  :lol:  30 degrees celsious here, just finished work for the year (welding up truck trailers) Cleaning out the garage to get my plymouth project in.

taxpyer

I work the winter months for the highways Dept. doing road maintenance. Good clean work, good for the soul. It keeps a fellows spirit young and ones wallet abit fatter for his hobbies..
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

WZ JUNK

I had some streetrod work pass through the shop but I am not trying to find work.  Mostly I do wiring or wiring related work for mad money.  I plan to work on the 54 Chevy some now.

A group of us are just finishing a handicap van conversion for our hot rod buddy Jerry.  The van had a wheelchair lift but Jerry was unable to get into the drivers seat because of the engine cover( dog house).  We made the drivers seat retractable.  We used a modified linear actuator and a track so that the seat now moves to the rear about 3 feet.  I made the motor controls, did the wiring and some other stuff.  I will instal the new seat belt mount today and then take it home.  It is our Christmas for Jerry.  I had planned to post some photos soon.  Many of you have met Jerry at Bonneville.  He is currently building a 1964 GTO.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

I've had the middle jeep ('80 CJ7) in my garage again for the last month. I'm trying to remove/replace every cut-off wire and get what's left to work without discharging my new battery. There's so much going on that I don't work on it any longer than my attention span lasts (1/2 hour). Wife might get home from hospital today (me driving) so that will be one of my jobs for the next couple of weeks. Everything went OK but older people (but younger than me) take longer to heal. I'd like to get the Jeepster back in my garage but our house cat like it where it is. When she sneeks outside she perches on it to watch the birds on the arbor. GPster

phat46

I have some side jobs lined up, painting, drywall, cabinets type work. I will also try to get my daughters house back in shape, we have stripped a cherry fireplace and a lot of baseboard and door trim that all needs to be refinished and put back up. The floors need to be sanded and refinished, and her main bathroom needs everything. In my spare time I'm still trying to get a 383 sbc built, but that's still in the planning/financing stage.  :lol:

Boyd Who

kb426

Next week, I'm planning to be off. I bought a portable walking foot sewing machine and have 3 projects planned. I have other stuff as well but alot of them depend on how rude the weather is. Winter hurts me pretty bad. Anytime I have something good to post, you'll see it. The rest of the time, I'm planning on being real quiet.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I am finishing up a couple small jobs, then I would like to get my Buick wagon done. Not much winter here yet, so far it has gone either south ot north of us.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

I've put it off long enough, I have to go Christmas shopping today. I wonder if the wife would like some new tools? :lol:

Learpilot

After Christmas, I am going to put a power rack on my '40. I am tired of HARD steering at slow speed.  I got a Thunderbird rack and a billet speciality flow control valve in my Chevy pump.
One great thing about living in Georgia is that we have a very mild winter, which makes working in a unheated garage bearable.
Rick

Ohio Blue Tip

Work in  the shop, maybe go west?
No winter here yet.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Crosley.In.AZ

gonna do usual stuff ... BBQ , cruise nites, bike rides, drag strip action
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)