Not Me

Started by mopar2dr, September 27, 2010, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Boyd who, I am with you on liking the early 70's style rods. That is when I first got interested in rods. Back then I could only build them in my dreams but to have one you pretty much had to build it yourself.That interest fostered my career choice as a machinist.The rod magazines of the day featured a lot more "how to ,with junkyard parts" articles which made them more interesting to read than the "1-800 billet build"ones we now have.As far as build styles ,to each his own,but I still prefer the home built over the wallet jobs.

WINGNUTZ

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"The traditionalists are getting just as bad as the restorers in the AACA,I am glad I dont have cars that could be shown in either one of those type shows.

I loved the early days of the HAMB and still enjoy a bunch of the people I've met through the HAMB but us "Old Timers" have noticed the shift from innovation... to traditional restorations... then a lot of slowed down responding to "What do you think this is worth threads"... and haters of anything modern!

My Roadster had a 455 Olds engine... not a J2 Olds or 394... I had a 700R4 tranny not a manual 3 or 4 speed... my Quickchange was a early seventies Winters with early seventies circle track JFZ's all around  not the expensive Halibrand early V8.

And to top it off... I ran radials for 24,000 trouble free miles!

I built the car with what I had available and achieved getting it on the road for less than the price of a used Japanese motorcycle!

The the "Hunnert" is this weekend and the weather is beautiful... but this will be the first one i'll miss since the 2nd show and there will be a bunch of threads on the HAMB regarding what made it in and what didn't and I could give a ratz *... because i'm enjoying the day wrenching on some junk in the garage!