Econoline and Ford F-100 truck brake questions.

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 19, 2010, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

School me on the suspensions in the front of these f-100 trucks

Is there disc brake setup easy to convert over like a chevy of the same years?

edited the thread title
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Just use the complete spindle assembly from a 70s Ford with discs, it bolts right on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just use the complete spindle assembly from a 70s Ford with discs, it bolts right on.

Hello;
Ya know, you are just a walking book of information!

Bruce

UGLY OLDS

QuoteHello;

Actually he kinda "shuffles"    :? ........Maybe a slow "walk" on a good day ...... :P   And then only if he's chasin' something........ :lol:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

Thats what I like about old ford trucks. Nothing changes .

river1

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
QuoteHello;

Actually he kinda "shuffles"    :? ........Maybe a slow "walk" on a good day ...... :P   And then only if he's chasin' something........ :lol:

or runnin from something :roll:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteHello;

I can attest that enjenjo does not dawdle , he has watched this rare form of Aussie exploration first hand.

I was wondering if the Ford stuff swapped some what easy or not.

8)
Tony

enjenjo

You guys are a barrel of laughs. Har de har har har.

junkyardjeff

I am going to be putting 77 F250 disc brakes on my 66 F250 sometimes in the future,I got the complete beams along with a front sway bar.  It would have been installed now but the radius arms were shot where they got through the bushings on the frame so I put kingpins on the original axles for now and when the brakes wear out then the discs will go on,the donor truck also had the rear sway bar which will go on too.

taxpyer

Here's one for ya,,,,,,,,,,, what can I easily bolt on for discs on Ford econoline spindles ??
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

enjenjo

Quote from: "taxpyer"Here's one for ya,,,,,,,,,,, what can I easily bolt on for discs on Ford econoline spindles ??

Use a 5 lug Maverick rotor, with a  B2 outer bearing, and a B6 inner bearing.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "taxpyer"Here's one for ya,,,,,,,,,,, what can I easily bolt on for discs on Ford econoline spindles ??

what are B2 and B6 bearings?

:?
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

what are B2 and B6 bearings?

:?

They are like a "Numba 69", snow peas and chicken :shock:

For more or less "standard" wheel bearings, you can buy them with  normal part numbers, LM11949/LM11910. in seperate boxes, or as set 2, A2, B2, BR2, depending on the manufacturer. This will be a cup and cone packaged together. Some companies list as many as 40 "sets"

Crosley.In.AZ

must be a regional thing... out here in all the years I have bought bearings, i have never been offered a bearing with cup  as a short number b2, even direct from some bearing houses that used to be here

I have aquired  a pair of Econoline spindles.  The Maverick rotor setup would work well.

I would hope a commom flat 3/8 inch thick bracket could be fabbed up for the caliper.  Seems like a mid 1970's Nova caliper was used on some disc conversions
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"must be a regional thing... out here in all the years I have bought bearings, i have never been offered a bearing with cup  as a short number b2, even direct from some bearing houses that used to be here

I have aquired  a pair of Econoline spindles.  The Maverick rotor setup would work well.

I would hope a commom flat 3/8 inch thick bracket could be fabbed up for the caliper.  Seems like a mid 1970's Nova caliper was used on some disc conversions

You will find the set numbers on the back page of most bearing books. I have CR, Bower, NDH, SKF, and Timken books and all of them show set numbers