Hooley, the #974, and Spweedweek 2010

Started by WZ JUNK, August 14, 2010, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooley

Guys, I am still trying to get caught up on every thing here at home. Just now read this post .
 Tom you are doing an excelent job here. Keep  it up.

Each and every one that has ever been involved with the 974 Stude holds a special place with me. We have a lot of supporters that couldn't make it to Bonneville.  I couldn't have began to do what we have accomplished with out you. There has been trying times and victories times. I even danced on the salt when we broke the  record.  The time we shaired together has been special all with a common goal.  On and on and on. Thank you for sharing this Bonneville Dream with me. Like Dradracer50 once said " that's the hardest I ever worked for a free T-shirt."
 For all of you who missed Sum's canyon hikes you missed some of the most breath taking views.  Sum, thank you and Ruth for hosting the pre-Bonneville gatherings.

the 2 other guys from Georga were Tim and Brewster. The 3 to the north were Mike Guest, son Carson from Neosho,Mo and Mikes friend from Colo.

Tom and I talked on the way home about setting the car up for the Maxton Mile[Maxton,NC].  When I got home Wanda [wife] is ready for a road trip. We are planning on going to Maxton the last week-end of Sept to watch the race. I'll take a good look to see if it is something we want to try. It might be a lot closer and less $'s to do Maxton
Don't forget the "Bad Apple Boys" moto  "You have to be tough if your gonna be STUPID"  

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

GPster

Maxton, something to get excited about! Things have been going down hill for me to the point that even re-newing subscriptions feels like an unnecessary expense. Maybe you could get a pit crew started here. GPster

Beck

In previous posts I comment about the work everyone did on the car this year. Some guys dive in and tackle the hardest jobs. I didn't comment about Odie. He seamed to always get into the hard and dirty spots, and never complained. I'm sure his wife wasn't happy with his laundry when he got home. There was probably a shirt or two thrown out. From the rest of the crew, Thanks Odie!

Dusty

QuoteTom and I talked on the way home about setting the car up for the Maxton Mile[Maxton,NC].  When I got home Wanda [wife] is ready for a road trip. We are planning on going to Maxton the last week-end of Sept to watch the race. I'll take a good look to see if it is something we want to try. It might be a lot closer and less $'s to do Maxton

Hooley...
Have you thought about the Texas Mile?  
I think it is the last of October.
If you want any info on it I can send it to you...
Jimmy is gonna try to have his steam car ready
for a shakedown run then also..

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Hooley

Hi Benny,  I talked Wanda into a vacation to the Carolina's the end of Sept. Oh yea they are running at Maxton that week-end. I'm gonna look and see if we want to set the Stude up for running a mile.  I will also be looking at the Texas Mile also. I have checked the web sites out. I'll have a lot of questions for someone who will stand still for very long. A bunch of questions. I have a rule book coming from ECTA.  Do you know if there is a rule book for the Texas Mile?
 Is Jimmy going to run in Oct at the Texas mile?
We got to visit at the Salt for a while.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Hooley

QuoteThanks Tom, I was not thinking about Allen, he went to bed, I think his name was Gregory or some such. And yes, Wesley was a great help!

Doug that might have been jimmy with us.  
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Dusty

Hooley...
Jimmy says he has a deal set up for Sunday (It's a 3 Day event), after everyone that is scheduled to run gets finished.  I think Jummy has a rule book for the Texas mile...If so I'll let you know.  BTW the 324 number on the Texas Mile sign is the top speed that has run there... So there are some high speeds obtained there... Traction is a whole lot better there than on the Salt.

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Flipper

Running on concrete seems like it would be closer to drag racing than salt racing.  With only a mile to accelerate and half a mile to stop, weight (or lack of weight) would seem more important.  Big brakes would also come in handy.

unklian

Hooley

Flipper, That is what we are thinking too. A gear change for acelleration and to top end in a mile.  I all ready took all the removable weight out. I need to scale it to see where it is at now. More weight removel will take the tourch.
 I should know about tires , weight, and stopping when I get back from Maxton in Sept.

If any of you have any ideas about changing to the mile just let me know.

Hooley

PS Flipper great pic's on the HAMB.
"Just Glade To Be Here"

seadog

Hooley,  I live about an hour and a half from the Maxton Mile.  I've been to a couple of events there and right now plan to be at the one in September (as a spectator).  If I can help point you guys to some of the local sights to see while you're out here just hollar. -Tom

Hooley

"Just Glade To Be Here"

seadog

Quote from: "Hooley"Tom, I sent you a PM.

I checked my PM's just now...the PM didn't come through.  Don't know what happened...try again. - Tom

Hooley

"Just Glade To Be Here"

seadog

Quote from: "Hooley"Tom, I tried a PM again.  Hooley

Hooley, PM still not coming through.  I sent you a PM just now to see if you can receive on your end.  My email addy is in the PM to you.  May be easier to use email. -Tom