Louisville Get Together

Started by 348tripower, July 20, 2004, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

Thanks to Denise's generosity in giving me her extra room reservation, I'll be at the Signature Inn friday night. I'll swing by the RRT/HAMB meeting tent by the fence around noon friday, and also plan to meet a couple old SRS friends up by Freedom Hall Saturday morning at 10am.
Since Kristy now wants a '34 sedan to exactly match my coupe, I've got to find, and take pictures of, as many as I can in the short 1 1/2 days I'll be there on the grounds.
I'm getting excited already.
Lance

MO_JUNK

Couper, what time are you leaving Springfield? Presently we are thinking towards leaving Rolla at noon on Thursday. We hope to get to registration before it closes Thursday night. Sam

MikeC

I will be there with my friend Bert, arriving Friday morning at around 10:00 and staying until Sunday.  He has a relative in Louisville and we have a free place to stay for the weekend including a new Lincoln to use for the weekend!  The 39 Chevy is not ready yet so it will be USScare for the trip in and out.
Denise,
Send me some directions to the place for Saturday night dinner.  We will meet you guys there.  Loretta bailed on me again this year.  She promised that as soon as the car is done she would do the trip in the car.
Frank,
Is the same area along the fence near the swap meet still there?  Is that the plan for the get together BBQ?  I could bring some fresh Virginia Oysters if we get to them by lunch on Friday.  I will need to figure a way to get them on the plane and a way to keep them cold for the trip and also get through security.  Maybe even a couple of jars of shucked primos that we could deep fry if there are takers.  It might be fun if people from different parts of the country brought some regional food to share.  Anyway, let me know.
MikeC

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I have a HUGE (36 ct?)package of Krogel hot dogs in the freezer along with some buns PLUS an enormous can of Bushes baked beans.  I'd like to supply the din-din for the BBQ for Thursday nite, if Enjenjo makes it to town by then, and of course there will be chocolate chip cookies for dessert!  :D

On Friday nite for dinner how about we all head to "Marks Feed Store" for ribs and fried corn on the cob like in years past?  7pm at the resturant?  I'll make maps and bring them with me to pass out.

On Sat nite some HAMB friends are having a Monster Art Show at a gallery in L'ville.  They are going to have special parking for hot rods.  I'll post more info on this event soon.
]

Love them ribs.... Im open all weekend. I should be in town wed am and ill be staying at the holiday inn airport where ever that is but im assuming its close to the fairgrounds. Im looking to do some other things this year so the art thing sounds good. Im gettin tired of sittin at shows all day long.
Dave

couper

You'll be three/four hours ahead of us Sam, we won't leave the queen city until 2pm. Our plan is to get to Evansville by dark. My nickle plated headlight lenses look like parking lights after dark, and I doubt I'll go far after 9pm.

enjenjo

QuoteIs the same area along the fence near the swap meet still there? Is that the plan for the get together BBQ? I could bring some fresh Virginia Oysters if we get to them by lunch on Friday. I will need to figure a way to get them on the plane and a way to keep them cold for the trip and also get through security. Maybe even a couple of jars of shucked primos that we could deep fry if there are takers. It might be fun if people from different parts of the country brought some regional food to share. Anyway, let me know.
MikeC

No Idea. if it's there or not, I won't know until we get there, unless we have a spy in the area.

If you can get the Oysters there, I can figure out how to cook them :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Nick32Vic

O BOY!! I will be in Louisville ready to have a GOOD Time!
My Plan
leave bethalto IL at 0500 hours Thursday Morning.
Cant remember wich but either Friday or Saturday my crew barbeques also.
My dad wants to see the entertainment this year but i could really care less, i dont like the bands playing.

Denise, were/when is this Art show thing? What kind of art will it be? like car related stuff?

I will be there till sunday and i plan on meeting and seeing as many of you as i can.

Does anyone know if there will be any local cruises around town?

Nick

It is still early...plenty of time for things to go amuck...but as of tonight,I am planning on arriving in Louisville either late Wednesday evening or most likely early Thursday morning.I think I will get within an hour or so Wednesday and get a motel room for $50 instead of giving those fine folks in Louisville another nights ransom.I am staying at the Holiday Inn,across the interstate from the Signature...I think.I am trying to finish up a couple of things on the 40...don't think I'll get the AC installed and if the weather prediction is for extremely hot weather...like it usually is....I think I'll drag it there on a trailer :oops: Look forward to seeing everyone!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40"It is still early...plenty of time for things to go amuck...but as of tonight,I am planning on arriving in Louisville either late Wednesday evening or most likely early Thursday morning.I think I will get within an hour or so Wednesday and get a motel room for $50 instead of giving those fine folks in Louisville another nights ransom.I am staying at the Holiday Inn,across the interstate from the Signature...I think.I am trying to finish up a couple of things on the 40...don't think I'll get the AC installed and if the weather prediction is for extremely hot weather...like it usually is....I think I'll drag it there on a trailer :oops: Look forward to seeing everyone!

Wich Holiday Inn is that 40? Im staying at the one on Dixie Highway.

Nick

Nick,the Holiday Inn is about 3 miles south of the fairgrounds....it's on the west side of the interstate across from the Signature Inn.I think it might be Fern Valley Road??Not sure...I better call and confirm my reservations as I made them last year!Look forward to meeting you!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

midnight sun

Quote from: "348tripower"Lets see a show of hands fo the people that are going.
Don

We will be leaving here on Monday the 2nd and should be there Thursday morning.  We will be going to the area just adjacent to the swap meet.

Later
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

midnight sun

Quote from: "Slick 50"Vicki and I plan to hit Looavul early Thursday afternoon, check in to the B&B and register.

Ken are you staying at the Pinecrest?  Thats where we are this year.

Later
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

SKR8PN

It's official! Willy and I have a room at the Super 8 in Jeffersonville,so we will be rolling in Saturday morning around 10:00.  We are hoping to meat everyone by the fence. Se ya there!!!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Beatnik and I are sharing a room at the Motel 6 -Airport, so it has to be close to Fern Valley Road, it's $59.00 a nite.  I'm giving up my expensive room at the Signture Inn to Couper this year..... but we'll still go there for breakfast!  :D

We're leaving Wed after work and going to see if we can spend the nite at KustomLincolnLady's place in Ft Wayne on Wed nite, then roll into L'ville Thursday morning.  We'll look for RRT folks along the split rail fence but my suspensions are leading me to believe that this year, with all the construction, that the place is going to be a clusterF.  I certainly hope I'm wrong and we can all get together and park with all the canopys together like in years past.

HUH??? Well that all depends, are you bringing treats??  Guess you like the blow up bed!!! LOL  :D  :shock:
Is Gus bringing the roadster too?  
I'm just not sure, it's awful hard to get up and go to work when you guys are pulling out for a show  :?  :roll:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, Beatnik is driving the roadster and I'll be in Big Olds.  Since the roadster has only been on a few shake down runs we thought the smart thing to do is break the 7 hour hour in half for the ride down.  So.... can we crash on that lovely air matteress of yours?  :D   We would  be arriving at approx 7pm your time on Wed nite and plan to leave when you leave in the morning for work, unless of course you want to join us :shock:  I'll call you sometime after lunch tomorrow when things slow down at work.

and yes there will be treats in Big Olds  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.