Louisville Get Together

Started by 348tripower, July 20, 2004, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I'm thinking its time to start the post about Louisville. Where are we meeting, what days, times, barbecue? stuff to bring, etc. I am going down Tuesday evening. Probably driving to south of Indy and staying over night. My pal Red is going to follow with his not yet completed 40 Ford sedan on the trailer. We are hoping to get it back from the electrician and upholstery guys tomorrow or Thursday. :lol:  We both agree that we don't have sufficent time to road test this one, so on the trailer it goes. We are staying in Sheperdsville, at the Fairfield Inn. I didn't have any time to mingle last year due to the new distributor on Thursday, the starter replacement on Friday and the broken spring Friday evening and the 13 1/2 hour round trip to Dexter and back on Saturday. :cry:  I have the 37 finally completed.  :D   Looking forward to getting on the highway and heading south. Lets see a show of hands fo the people that are going.
Don
Don Colliau

Ohio Blue Tip

Ya man, getting excited!  We will be going down Tuesday (I be riding with Charlie Chops).  We'll be staying at the Best Western "Green Tree" just in Indiana, A lot of Muskegon folks stay there every year, most don't play on the computer though.
The BBQ trailer should be there and they may let me burn some meat!
See ya. :D  :D  :D  :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

I wasn't going to go because I can't afford Louisville plus 2 more weeks on the road (Bonneville & HAMB drags) but I've decided to get out the plastic and pay for it later.  Life is going by too quick and I don't want to miss anything. I'm still not sure what day I'll get there but I'll watch the thread to see where everyone will be.

How far away from the fairgrounds do you have to go before the motels prices get back to normal?  I call less than $50 normal.
George

348tripower

Ours are 60 bucks a night plus tax. I may have a room available, if Reds brother inlaw from Texas cancels out. Seems he is expecting puppies? I am still waiting to hear something on that one.
Don

Quote from: "purplepickup"I wasn't going to go because I can't afford Louisville plus 2 more weeks on the road (Bonneville & HAMB drags) but I've decided to get out the plastic and pay for it later.  Life is going by too quick and I don't want to miss anything. I'm still not sure what day I'll get there but I'll watch the thread to see where everyone will be.

How far away from the fairgrounds do you have to go before the motels prices get back to normal?  I call less than $50 normal.
Don Colliau

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "purplepickup"I wasn't going to go because I can't afford Louisville plus 2 more weeks on the road (Bonneville & HAMB drags) but I've decided to get out the plastic and pay for it later.  Life is going by too quick and I don't want to miss anything. I'm still not sure what day I'll get there but I'll watch the thread to see where everyone will be.

I don't think there are any rooms within reason that are regular price.  The Best Western that we stay at is just over $100 a night but hat is the "Special Rate"  when we get there Tuesday and Wednesday rates are abut $65 but the "Special Rate" goes into effect Thursday and ends up over $100, what a deal.  Last year I tried telling them I would pay full price and not to give me the "Special Deal", but no they had to insert the " Special Rate".
Good luck, glad you're coming.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

chopped

Someone said "no one on their death bed says gee, I wish I'd spent more time at work" Do it now is why I'll drive up from Fla. we seem to get older every year and we want to do it at least once the right way. Took the Baymont 10 mi. south at 99.99 and we started looking late. Same car and wife, hope to see you. Skip :D

enjenjo

We used to stay at the super 8 in clarksville, it was $85 a night last time we stayed there. Lots of Canadians there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Beatnik and I are sharing a room at the Motel 6 -Airport, so it has to be close to Fern Valley Road, it's $59.00 a nite.  I'm giving up my expensive room at the Signture Inn to Couper this year..... but we'll still go there for breakfast!  :D

We're leaving Wed after work and going to see if we can spend the nite at KustomLincolnLady's place in Ft Wayne on Wed nite, then roll into L'ville Thursday morning.  We'll look for RRT folks along the split rail fence but my suspensions are leading me to believe that this year, with all the construction, that the place is going to be a clusterF.  I certainly hope I'm wrong and we can all get together and park with all the canopys together like in years past.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Fat Cat

Well I will be there some time friday afternoon. I think. Still waiting to hear from the boss about that day off.

couper

Denise, email me when you get time about all the room particulars.
I've stayed there a couple years ago, so I at least know where it is, and with Mike going with me, the cost will be bearable.
The more I think about it, the more I try to talk myself into getting there sooner than  friday, and staying 'till sunday afternoon. Mike may not be able to though.
Lance

SKR8PN

Willy and I are planning on attending this year, the good Lord willing and creek don't rise..........
I believe Enjenjo hooked us up last year with a room,but I'll be DARNED if I can remember where it was. I do remember a lot of construction......
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

alchevy

purplepickup
I look forward to seeing you at the Nats again. You have just about the only '31 Chevy Pickup at the show. You may or may not remember a few years ago I talked to you at the Nats in Louisville. A friend of mine has a '31 Chevy Pickup that he is building and he told me to take as many pictures as I could of all of the '31's I saw, so I did of your pickup because it was the only one I saw that year and the next.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bob K

I'll be there EARLY Wednesday morning to try to get my usual spot. Enjenjo, did you say you were going to be there also???

B :?: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob, see you at registration early Wednesday, eh? You're driving the sedan? Did you do anything to it over the winter?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "348tripower"I'm thinking its time to start the post about Louisville. snip

Steve (SAL37) and I will arrive around midnight on the 4th, after a '20-something' series of flights from downunder.  We'll be there, in body, on Thursday, but probably not early; maybe around lunchtime.