Louisville Get Together

Started by 348tripower, July 20, 2004, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Bob, see you at registration early Wednesday, eh? You're driving the sedan? Did you do anything to it over the winter?

Charlie

Nope not a thing, been busy with the 52, just got it down off of the lift on Sunday, fired right up, washed it today, will vacum it Saturday and then pack for the Nat's. see ya on Wednsday AM.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "40chevy"purplepickup
I look forward to seeing you at the Nats again. You have just about the only '31 Chevy Pickup at the show. You may or may not remember a few years ago I talked to you at the Nats in Louisville. ....
I think I remember you but I've had a lot of conversations like that over the years.  I could be wrong.  Stop by and introduce yourself.  I'm sure I'll recognize you.  If we can get the same spot, we'll be in the grassy area along the fence by the road towards the swap meet.

By the way..... Welcome to RRT.
:b-d:
-----------------------------------
Bob, I wish I could get there on Wednesday to help you and Charlie set up the area but I can't make it down until Thursday....short on vacation and funds. :(    I found a room at a Baymont Inn about 15 minutes away for $53/nite.

George
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

The beds at the Baymont are the most comfortable of any beds that any hotels have.  Is the one your staying at the one on Brooks Road?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Is the one your staying at the one on Brooks Road?
No it's in Corydon, Indiana.  I figured I'll be heading out on I-64 towards Utah on Sunday morning anyway so I got a room west of the fairgrounds.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well you enjoy that pillowtop mattress.  I'll be thinking about you while I sleep on my Motel 6 matress  :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Faat Rod"I'll be there EARLY Wednesday morning to try to get my usual spot. Enjenjo, did you say you were going to be there also???

B :?: B

I'm going to try Bob. I have more stuff to do that week than i really need, but I think i can do it. Heck, at this point,I'm not even sure what I'll be driving :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Slick 50

Vicki and I plan to hit Looavul early Thursday afternoon, check in to the B&B and register. We expect to be at the fairgrounds at the crack of mid morning Friday. Can't pass up that breakfast! :roll:

I'm looking forward to checking out the rolling grille.
Are there plans for a meal yet?
I was thinking about making a bucket o potato salad.
OBT, are you in charge of the meal planning or just the flames?

BTW, has anyone heard from Dr Chop lately?
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

alchevy

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "40chevy"purplepickup
I look forward to seeing you at the Nats again. You have just about the only '31 Chevy Pickup at the show. You may or may not remember a few years ago I talked to you at the Nats in Louisville. ....
I think I remember you but I've had a lot of conversations like that over the years.  I could be wrong.  Stop by and introduce yourself.  I'm sure I'll recognize you.  If we can get the same spot, we'll be in the grassy area along the fence by the road towards the swap meet.

By the way..... Welcome to RRT.
:b-d:
-----------------------------------
Bob, I wish I could get there on Wednesday to help you and Charlie set up the area but I can't make it down until Thursday....short on vacation and funds. :(    I found a room at a Baymont Inn about 15 minutes away for $53/nite.

George
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be driving my brown '40 Chevy. Last year was the first year to drive it to the Nats and it was great! Only takes 11 hours from Mississippi. I'll get there on Wednesday in the am. It's going to be interesting to see how much construction we're going to have to go around while at the fairgrounds. My group tries to get a spot at the grassy area by the swap meet also.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Slick 50"Vicki and I plan to hit Looavul early Thursday afternoon, check in to the B&B and register. We expect to be at the fairgrounds at the crack of mid morning Friday. Can't pass up that breakfast! :roll:

I'm looking forward to checking out the rolling grille.
Are there plans for a meal yet?
I was thinking about making a bucket o potato salad.
OBT, are you in charge of the meal planning or just the flames?

BTW, has anyone heard from Dr Chop lately?

I just burn meat!  Usually the Frank's plan the meal, but I can certainly help, pick stuff up in Louisville etc.  
Enjenjo, what's the plan?   Do we have a plan?  
I expect we will have a big cook out for Saturday, but on the other days I would expect the grill to be available for BYO lunches?   Maybe breakfast's?
What say you Frank's?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Is the one your staying at the one on Brooks Road?
No it's in Corydon, Indiana.  I figured I'll be heading out on I-64 towards Utah on Sunday morning anyway so I got a room west of the fairgrounds.

George, just stayed at the Corydon Baymont this past Feb. it's a nice place. There's a Cracker Barrel right across the street plus the motel has a nice breakfest buffet.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I have a HUGE (36 ct?)package of Krogel hot dogs in the freezer along with some buns PLUS an enormous can of Bushes baked beans.  I'd like to supply the din-din for the BBQ for Thursday nite, if Enjenjo makes it to town by then, and of course there will be chocolate chip cookies for dessert!  :D

On Friday nite for dinner how about we all head to "Marks Feed Store" for ribs and fried corn on the cob like in years past?  7pm at the resturant?  I'll make maps and bring them with me to pass out.

On Sat nite some HAMB friends are having a Monster Art Show at a gallery in L'ville.  They are going to have special parking for hot rods.  I'll post more info on this event soon.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I have a HUGE (36 ct?)package of Krogel hot dogs in the freezer along with some buns PLUS an enormous can of Bushes baked beans.

Are the going to have your infamous special ingredient as well? Like the ones at the last BBQ build?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, I'll have MY secret ingredient, I usually aways have it with me.  Some of the guys might not mind but some of them might not find it to appetizing, or funny  :lol:

enjenjo

QuoteI just burn meat! Usually the Frank's plan the meal, but I can certainly help, pick stuff up in Louisville etc.
Enjenjo, what's the plan? Do we have a plan?
I expect we will have a big cook out for Saturday, but on the other days I would expect the grill to be available for BYO lunches? Maybe breakfast's?
What say you Frank's?

That's pretty much the plan Ken. We will have the grille available all weekend for any who will brave cooking on it, of course you have to bring extra for those who are standing around critisizing you as you cook.  :lol:

The menu is open for suggestions on saturday, we generally do burgers and brots, but we can boil most anything now, so corn and other things can be done too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

MO_JUNK

Looks like I'll be going. I should arrive late Thursday night. We plan to sleep in the back of my truck in the EXPO RV park(we got wet last year). I'll look you all up at the gathering area around noon on Friday and Saturday. Sam